Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My new movie - CAGE

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Yeah I know... Me, me, me!

After the relative success of my venture into found footage last year this is the teaser for my next feature 'Cage' due for release in the summer. Another tiny budget affair.

Will be bothering everyone again once it's out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZPR7Nn3VCw

Send the link over to Kevin Smith.
He's into making/buying/promoting low-budget indie horror flicks.

Seriously, worth a shot.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Out of interest, how are sales of the last movie going? I remember it being mentioned that it was being sold in Tesco so hopefully should have shifted a fair few units?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Looks good GS. The American accents seem authentic. Did you use US based actors?

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Out of interest, how are sales of the last movie going? I remember it being mentioned that it was being sold in Tesco so hopefully should have shifted a fair few units?

Went OK. We sold a few thousand but were caught in the age old 'distributor gets the first chunk of money out first' so no money made yet sadly.

Lesson learned for this one. Will get a better deal from the off.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Went OK. We sold a few thousand but were caught in the age old 'distributor gets the first chunk of money out first' so no money made yet sadly.

Lesson learned for this one. Will get a better deal from the off.

What about sales through Amazon- has that been more profitable?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Looks a great premise.

I don't know what access to kit you have, nor what is possible with relatively modest equipment, but it looks very professional indeed. I wouldn't know that wasn't a trailer for a big studio release.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
What about sales through Amazon- has that been more profitable?

It's tough.

We should break even and pay off our investor over time but selling movies with no one in them is hard.

Also type 'Cutting Room Full Movie' into Google and you'll find pages of places where you can watch it for free!! That's not ideal either when you have such tight margins.

We have one part to cast in the new one - the English bad guy. We are gonna try and get a BIG star to do it - only need them for a few hours in a recording studio. This should make if much easier to get into better festivals and distributors. Fingers crossed.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Couple of plot queries I'm sure you can squash.

The caged girl has a mobile phone phone?
With a cell signal, the phone location can be established through triangulation to a very close approximation.
The only reason I know this is that on a recent First Aid renewal course the tutor told us that if its injury only, call 111 instead of 999 as they can locate you and dispatch ambulance without you needing to know where you are - esp outdoors where maybe the air ambulance will be needed. I'm sure the Yank cell-network would work similar?

Is there a phone charger available to the girl? How long is she kept captive [days/weeks] and how much does the phone get used?

All explainable, I'm sure, but I'm a bit of a sad git with films looking for reasons why something might be unrealistic when clearly not an out and out fiction film - don't mean to knock it, good on yer for doing it.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Looks a great premise.

I don't know what access to kit you have, nor what is possible with relatively modest equipment, but it looks very professional indeed. I wouldn't know that wasn't a trailer for a big studio release.

Cheers Bozza. That was the idea after doing found footage.

The kit is very nice - it's a Red Epic camera and some nice lights we blagged. The cage / set was built at Newhaven Fort!

As an aside the guy who shot it is also the man who shot the Doncaster Cinematic Highlights package.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004

With a cell signal, the phone location can be established through triangulation to a very close approximation.
The only reason I know this is that on a recent First Aid renewal course the tutor told us that if its injury only, call 111 instead of 999 as they can locate you and dispatch ambulance without you needing to know where you are - esp outdoors where maybe the air ambulance will be needed. I'm sure the Yank cell-network would work similar?

Is there a phone charger available to the girl? How long is she kept captive [days/weeks] and how much does the phone get used?

All explainable, I'm sure, but I'm a bit of a sad git with films looking for reasons why something might be unrealistic when clearly not a fiction film - don't mean to knock it, good on yer for doing it.

It's set in 2001 and it's a Nokia 3210. Notoriously hard to track and with a battery life of about 10 days if used sensibly... we cover the signal thing in the script!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

All explainable, I'm sure, but I'm a bit of a sad git with films looking for reasons why something might be unrealistic when clearly not a fiction film - don't mean to knock it, good on yer for doing it.

looks like a very old phone to me. some of those old batteries could last an age from what I remember?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here