Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Adam Chicksen out on loan

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No great surprise...

Brighton & Hove Albion defender Adam Chicksen has joined Gillingham on a one-month loan deal.

It is the full-back’s second loan stint at the Priestfield Stadium after he spent a month with the Gills in November 2014.

Chicksen linked up with the League One side again this morning, and goes into their squad for the trip to Blackpool this weekend.

The 24-year-old has made two first-team appearances for the Seagulls this campaign, most recently in the FA Cup game at Hull earlier this month.

It is the full back’s fourth loan move since joining the Seagulls in 2013, having spent the final two months of last season at Fleetwood Town, while he also enjoyed a month-long spell at Leyton Orient in October 2014.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Good move for him, playing at a club challenging for promotion and full of confidence will do him the world of good and hopefully he can come back ready to challenge for a first team spot.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Must be confident in Bong's recovery then, possibly extending Ridgewell's loan, or Jlloyd is in the building!?

Can't believe we are sending out our only LB cover (behind Calde).... regardless what CH thinks of his ability.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
A great opportunity for Adam I would have thought. If he impresses maybe he could earn a full time deal come the end of the season, with the possibility of facing us in the Championship next campaign.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Agree with the above - must mean Bong and/or Rosenior are close to the comeback so could be very good news. BG will do his nut though :(
#JloydForAlbion

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Good move for him, playing at a club challenging for promotion and full of confidence will do him the world of good and hopefully he can come back ready to challenge for a first team spot.

I never know when you're 100% serious. I would venture, however, that the time to challenge for a first team spot was WHEN HE WAS THE ONLY FIT F***ING LEFT BACK IN THE WHOLE CLUB.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Must be confident in Bong's recovery then, possibly extending Ridgewell's loan, or Jlloyd is in the building!?

Can't believe we are sending out our only LB cover (behind Calde).... regardless what CH thinks of his ability.

With Ridgewell, Bong, Rosenior, and Calderon all able to fill that role in the next month or two, 'Chicken' is well down the pecking order, and surplus to requirements l'm afraid.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I never know when you're 100% serious. I would venture, however, that the time to challenge for a first team spot was WHEN HE WAS THE ONLY FIT F***ING LEFT BACK IN THE WHOLE CLUB.

Absolutely. He's looked very poor when I've seen him play. Wasn't good enough for us when we were down the bottom last season. Certainly isn't good enough this year when we're up the top.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hopefully this means Kenny Sansom will be SINGING imminently :moo:

My SAUCES tell me JLoyd is far more likely to happen...

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Good luck to Adam. He has done nothing wrong at all. Hopefully this loan will enable him to identify his level of football and get regular game time.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here