Do Gooders

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Christ, if those people thought it was unsuitable for Children then they probably shouldn't allow the child anywhere near the TV. That is nothing compared to any of the cartoons about (not saying there are any problems with them either)

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
possibly coffe drinking people who had been jostled in the street by a kid humming bittersweet symphony?

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Chris Moyles is offensive, so yes i would.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Chris Moyles is offensive, so yes i would.

Is he really? (not sarcasm, genuine question)

The wife loves him while I have grown tired of him as I have grown up. She had his show on the other morning and it hadn't changed for about 10 years. I don't massively like it but don't find it offensive.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
If the complainants are going to get offended with a mild 30 second spoof of someone walking into other people, we can at least be grateful that they haven't yet stumbled across The Prodigy's 'Voodoo People' Pendulum remix video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifXiQMK9uTU

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Chances are 100 of the complainers are either employees of Radio X or the advertising agency.

No such thing as bad publicity.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Christ, if those people thought it was unsuitable for Children then they probably shouldn't allow the child anywhere near the TV. That is nothing compared to any of the cartoons about (not saying there are any problems with them either)

I need to report this reply as offensive due to the use of the first word in the reply outside of a religious context. This will be offensive to any church going people who have the misfortune to read this reply without an appropriate warning. I demand a lifetime ban for the poster or a stoning to enable them to reflect on the distress that they have caused by posting their reply.

I also demand that Chris Moyles (whoever he is) is arrested for anti social behaviour and criminal damage as there is clear evidence of this in the advert.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I need to report this reply as offensive due to the use of the first word in the reply outside of a religious context. This will be offensive to any church going people who have the misfortune to read this reply without an appropriate warning. I demand a lifetime ban for the poster or a stoning to enable them to reflect on the distress that they have caused by posting their reply.

I also demand that Chris Moyles (whoever he is) is arrested for anti social behaviour and criminal damage as there is clear evidence of this in the advert.

Damn it, I apologise however would like to report your post as offensive for implying that stoning should be used.

I do not accept this as an acceptable form of punishment, some of my best friends have stones

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
What chance freedom of speech when so many people are so readily offended?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Actions that Moyles undertook in this video are symptomatic of environmental microaggressions common in everyday life that could easily result in a trigger event for someone watching and force them into a post traumatic flashback.
The advert should have carried a warning, those following good avoidance customs practice would be aware that people need safe spaces and a warning would give an individual time to implement self care mechanisms.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If you read the summary of the finding, the issue I think was that some people were unaware that this was a parody of the video for 'Bitter Sweet Symphony', or even were aware of the song (although they were of course listening to it!).

Without the context, that it was a parody of sorts, it does look rather odd.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
My 9 year old son thinks it's funny. Which tells me that Moyles' level of humour is still the same and also that the advert is not in any possible way offensive.

Some people will complain about anything.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Actions that Moyles undertook in this video are symptomatic of environmental microaggressions common in everyday life that could easily result in a trigger event for someone watching and force them into a post traumatic flashback.
The advert should have carried a warning, those following good avoidance customs practice would be aware that people need safe spaces and a warning would give an individual time to implement self care mechanisms.

Very good :D

D

Deleted member 22389

I shall be making a complaint on behalf of my italian mum. I find it deeply offensive the way they stereotype italians in the Dolmio adverts featuring those puppets. I must however congratulate the makers of thomas the tank engine for now introducing a slim controller, I'm not joking either about there being a slim controller.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ratners, BP......

And your evidence for suggesting that the complainers are in house is?

A 'page' free advertising about Moyles' new show on Radio X, written in a broadsheet, then spread around t'internet.

It's an easy extra layer of marketing which if I were the customer I'd be disappointed if my money didn't 'buy'.

Sadly though you're probably right it's just as likely there are 100+ people prepared to complain about this nonsense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here