Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool into the League cup final.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
After beating Stoke-on-Toilet by penalties. :clap2:

no Staffordshire unity from you then

I grew up in Newhaven,which is about the same distance from Brighton as Leek is to Stoke

which league teams do they follow in Leek?

really wanted Stoke to make the final,my schoolboy team after winning the League Cup in 1972

bet they didn't think it'll be another 44 years at least before they do it again

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
So lets hope for an Everton win Vs City to set up a great final :)

Couldn't really care less, cue gobby plastic scousers emerging from the woodwork over the coming weeks....

I probably work with one of the worst culprits in Sussex. To be fair he was born and bred Liverpool, but admits to having zero interest in football just stupid amounts of pride for his home city that he has not lived in for 35 years. He 'hates' the bluenoses from Everton, and Man U, Chelsea and Man City, is constantly quoting from the Liverpool Echo, and saying how much better Merseyside is to Sussex. He plans to retire back there once he has reached his late 50's, shame it has taken so long.

Last edited:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Couldn't really care less, cue gobby plastic scousers emerging from the woodwork over the coming weeks....

I probably work with one of the worst culprits in Sussex. To be fair he was born and bred Liverpool, but admits to having zero interest in football just stupid amounts of pride for his home city that he has not lived in for 35 years. He 'hates' the bluenoses from Everton, and Man U, Chelsea and Man City, is constantly quoting from the Liverpool Echo, and saying how much better Merseyside is to Sussex. He plans to retire back there once he has reached his late 50's, shame it has taken so long.

He has just now started calling Wembley 'Anfield South', what a fxxking bellend?!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

I never understand how Sussex Utd fans get so much shit and Liverpool fans don't.

Liverpool fans are the worst.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The test is to get a blank outline map of the UK and ask them to put a cross where their teams home ground is I have tried this and most put Manchester around Glasgow area.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
While we're on the subject of plastics, I was witness to the most EXCRUCIATING exchange between two of the aforementioned species whilst getting my HAIRCUT a couple of weeks back.

The barber and the customer clearly didn't know each other, so started one of those vague "holiday?" conversations. They somehow moved on to football, and my ears cannot stop themselves from tuning in at this point. One was a United fan (of course he was, strong southern accent), the other a Liverpool fan (of course he was, strong southern accent). They both said they were lifelong fans, and the Liverpool fan declared himself "a true Red" and "hardcore".

It became apparent that neither of them really had the first clue about how "their" sides were doing. The United fan was slightly better, and I genuinely chuckled to myself in the seat alongside when the following exchange occurred;

United Fan: You got down to Anfield much?
Liverpool Fan: What?
United Fan: Do you ever get down to Anfield?
Liverpool Fan: What's an field?

United fan then had to explain to "hardcore" Liverpool fan what THE NAME OF HIS TEAM'S GROUND IS. I was gobsmacked.

Liverpool Fan: Oh, no. Would be nice one day, but never really thought about it.

It became apparent that neither of them had ever been to a live game of league football.

They went on to talk about the Albion "having a tough season aren't they?" "they're rubbish, that's why" and finally the coup de grace was talking about going to live games altogether;

"Well, there's no point is there? You can watch it all on telly, far better. There's no atmosphere nowadays anyway is there?" (This is despite admitting they had NEVER seen a football match live, remember.)

===

I have no problem with people saying they follow whatever club they want to, but please don't try for even a second to pretend you're a "hardcore" fan. It's just embarrassing. And very painful to listen to. It would be like me talking to another bloke and pretending I knew about CARS. I know nothing about cars.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
While we're on the subject of plastics, I was witness to the most EXCRUCIATING exchange between two of the aforementioned species whilst getting my HAIRCUT a couple of weeks back.

The barber and the customer clearly didn't know each other, so started one of those vague "holiday?" conversations. They somehow moved on to football, and my ears cannot stop themselves from tuning in at this point. One was a United fan (of course he was, strong southern accent), the other a Liverpool fan (of course he was, strong southern accent). They both said they were lifelong fans, and the Liverpool fan declared himself "a true Red" and "hardcore".

It became apparent that neither of them really had the first clue about how "their" sides were doing. The United fan was slightly better, and I genuinely chuckled to myself in the seat alongside when the following exchange occurred;

United Fan: You got down to Anfield much?
Liverpool Fan: What?
United Fan: Do you ever get down to Anfield?
Liverpool Fan: What's an field?

United fan then had to explain to "hardcore" Liverpool fan what THE NAME OF HIS TEAM'S GROUND IS. I was gobsmacked.

Liverpool Fan: Oh, no. Would be nice one day, but never really thought about it.

It became apparent that neither of them had ever been to a live game of league football.

They went on to talk about the Albion "having a tough season aren't they?" "they're rubbish, that's why" and finally the coup de grace was talking about going to live games altogether;

"Well, there's no point is there? You can watch it all on telly, far better. There's no atmosphere nowadays anyway is there?" (This is despite admitting they had NEVER seen a football match live, remember.)

===

I have no problem with people saying they follow whatever club they want to, but please don't try for even a second to pretend you're a "hardcore" fan. It's just embarrassing. And very painful to listen to. It would be like me talking to another bloke and pretending I knew about CARS. I know nothing about cars.

Barber OUT ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here