Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much does this cost? (One born every minute...)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So, before Christmas, there was a knock on the door.

It was a rep from a group of local farms who were doing fruit and veg boxes of various sizes as well as meat and dairy products etc.

The claim was that it's grown locally, so low food miles etc, and at or below supermarket prices.

We're veggies and home cook most meals so get through a lot. I said we'd take the weekly small box to start with, well aware we'd still need to get a lot from the shops ourselves.

One thing I've noted is the inclusion of "exotic" fruit - bananas, kiwi, mango, pineapple and melon.

However, even though it's not expensive, I also dispute the pricing. How much was this?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453829858.912489.jpg

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Cool, it's an organic variant on HT's marvelous 1901 rip-off food threads.

I'll go for...10 quid.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
So, before Christmas, there was a knock on the door.

It was a rep from a group of local farms who were doing fruit and veg boxes of various sizes as well as meat and dairy products etc.

The claim was that it's grown locally, so low food miles etc, and at or below supermarket prices.

We're veggies and home cook most meals so get through a lot. I said we'd take the weekly small box to start with, well aware we'd still need to get a lot from the shops ourselves.

One thing I've noted is the inclusion of "exotic" fruit - bananas, kiwi, mango, pineapple and melon.

However, even though it's not expensive, I also dispute the pricing. How much was this?

View attachment 71821

£9.99

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
About £15 probably (or about £4.50 if you walk to your local market and choose the stuff yourself)

Did you get it from here ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO3SYFU5-68

You're correct in terms of what they are probably charging but I honestly can't see that even coming to £4.50 to be honest but depends on number of customers, volumes for the cost of delivery.

PS I am the one who does the grocery shop in this household so am very much on the money as far as that basket is concerned.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Have you already eaten some of the contents, or is that it?

Looks a bit...erm...underwhelming to me.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Adebayor is worse value - if that helps?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here