Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Evans - what a kn0b

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Talking earlier today about Aiden McGeady...

“But if he were to consider a Championship club then Leeds must be at the front of that thought process - we’re the biggest, most outstanding club in the league."

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Talking earlier today about Aiden McGeady...

“But if he were to consider a Championship club then Leeds must be at the front of that thought process - we’re the biggest, most outstanding club in the league."

Eh? He's right. MASSIVE.

THE Leeds United.

(He is still a knob though, obviously)

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
Just looking after his own back and You know his boss is a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Desparate attempt to big up Leeds to the player.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
I would put 2 times European Cup winners Nottingham Forest above dirty Leeds in order of size of clubs.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Not the Leeds United who in their last 8 seasons in the Championship have finished:

14th 5th 24th (then League 1 for 3 seasons) 7th 14th 13th 15th and 15th and have not been in the Premier League since 2003/4

but the other Leeds United who are the biggest club in the universe

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The full quote is this:

"Speaking to Aiden's representatives, he may have options in the Premier League.

“I do like Aiden McGeady but there has been no further chat with him in the last 10 days.

“But if he were to consider a Championship club then Leeds must be at the front of that thought process - we're the biggest, most outstanding club in the league.

“That doesn't mean we're top of the league but we're the big club that players look at.”

Whatever you think of Steve Evans (and I'm far from his biggest fan), he has something of a point when you look at the entirety of what he says. Leeds' size is a factor when it comes to signing players. Guys who might not consider signing for (say) Huddersfield, Rotherham, Preston, Reading, Cardiff etc because they're lower mid table Championship sides may well think Leeds is a more attractive option. It's the same with Pompey (#twats) in L2. Even if Pompey were 17th, they'd still have a greater pull at that level over other sides around them.

That said, I'm not sure any players are going to pick them over Boro, Burnley, Derby or Hull at the moment. Well, Boro, Burnley or Hull at least :lol:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I would put 2 times European Cup winners Nottingham Forest above dirty Leeds in order of size of clubs.
Winning cups doesn't make you a big club....How many more times does this need to be said?
Accrington Stanley could win the champions league and fa cup and they'd still be a small but successful club.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Winning cups doesn't make you a big club....How many more times does this need to be said?
Accrington Stanley could win the champions league and fa cup and they'd still be a small but successful club.

It does in my book.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
So you saying Wigan are a big club for winning the fa cup?

Compared to...?

Eastleigh, Forest Green Rovers? Yes. Rochdale, Bury? Yes. Leyton Orient? Almost certainly. Sheffield United, Coventry, even Swindon Town (at that level)...no.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here