Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OK, Own Up Time: Has Anybody On Here NOT Claimed To Have Bought £33m Lottery Ticket?

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I bet the people at Camelot are so chuffed that they have to go through the process of checking every claim, even though they know they're trying their luck! TBH, if i had the genuine ticket and I'd put it through the laundry, if they didn't let me have the money I'd be beyond gutted!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
They won't tell you but they know exactly who bought the ticket, when it was bought and where it was bought but if they don't claim it then it goes in the unclaimed fund
Two out of three ain't bad.

They will know when and where, but I don't see how you can claim they will know exactly who bought it.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Two out of three ain't bad.

They will know when and where, but I don't see how you can claim they will know exactly who bought it.

Maybe CCTV in the shop where it was purchased - matching the date & time?
Don't expect this to appear on Crime Watch anytime soon ......

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I have several completely blank pieces of paper, of various sizes, which might once have been been a lottery ticket after it had been washed, bleached, torn up, thrown away and recycled.

Therefore I must have a valid claim (mustn't I)?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
It is very easy to go out today and buy a ticket with the winning numbers on.
Then put it through the washer ensuring the numbers are still [just] legible along with the year but [unfortunately] the day/month and bar-code bit are damaged beyond recognition.

Don't you think Camelot have already experienced this before in the last 15 years of Lottery ?
These fraudulent chancers need a 6-month stretch to clear their deviant minds - that'll learn 'em.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Then put it through the washer ensuring the numbers are still [just] legible along with the year but [unfortunately] the day/month and bar-code bit are damaged beyond recognition.

Don't you think Camelot have already experienced this before in the last 15 years of Lottery ?
These fraudulent chancers need a 6-month stretch to clear their deviant minds - that'll learn 'em.

Spot on! And surely they should be able to detect which machine at which outlet subsequent to that draw churned out what were the winning numbers? Thereby easily being able to refute that woman's fraudulent claim.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

[tweet]692313069180080128[/tweet]

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
I've got the winning ticket, but with all this overtime I've been doing as a public lavatory attendant, I just haven't had the time to go and cash it in yet.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sincerely hope it's an urban myth, but I think possibly the cruellest thing I ever read in my entire life was when some bloke thought it would be a good laugh to play a trick on his missus, set his VHS to record the previous week's winning numbers, then bought a ticket with all that previous week's winning numbers. Then started playing that tape when his missus sat down to start checking their ticket for the current week...

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Sincerely hope it's an urban myth, but I think possibly the cruellest thing I ever read in my entire life was when some bloke thought it would be a good laugh to play a trick on his missus, set his VHS to record the previous week's winning numbers, then bought a ticket with all that previous week's winning numbers. Then started playing that tape when his missus sat down to start checking their ticket for the current week...

Yes. Well there's a bloke with bigger balls than brains. He must REALLY hate his wife.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013

No, this definitely happened at least once. I'd be sick as a dead parrot if it had been played on me - even more so if the 'tricker' was slow to tell me and I'd resigned from my job...

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford

I posted that story on NSC probably 10 years ago [hence the VHS aspect - does anybody still use one of them?]
The story continued with the hubby announcing he'd been having an affair and was now going to leave the missus, with his half of the winnings, for his mistress.
That's when the divorce proceedings started ....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here