Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anybody Got Any Experience Of DOWNGRADING A ST On A One Match Basis?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Got the offer of the use of some close chums 2xST for a forthcoming match. STs are for one full price adult and one pensioner. There's a possibility that the substitute adult might want to bring along a child on the day (for his first ever Albion match - tho he did attend an Albion raceday in his pushchair aged about three months and even got to meet and be photo'ed with a slightly sulky Leon Knight (he's alright :thumbsup: )). Anybody ever tried to DOWNGRADE a ST for one match? If so, how does it work? Do the club give YOU some money? Do they tell you to go away in no uncertain terms before they call security? Do they issue you with some kind of thing that allows a pensioner ST to be a child ST just for one day? Well? ???

Ta.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Never tried myself, but don't fancy your chances.

* waits to be proved wrong and eat my words

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
Got the offer of the use of some close chums 2xST for a forthcoming match. STs are for one full price adult and one pensioner. There's a possibility that the substitute adult might want to bring along a child on the day (for his first ever Albion match - tho he did attend an Albion raceday in his pushchair aged about three months and even got to meet and be photo'ed with a slightly sulky Leon Knight (he's alright :thumbsup: )). Anybody ever tried to DOWNGRADE a ST for one match? If so, how does it work? Do the club give YOU some money? Do they tell you to go away in no uncertain terms before they call security? Do they issue you with some kind of thing that allows a pensioner ST to be a child ST just for one day? Well? ???

Ta.

I don't see there being any problem with a child entering on a pensioner ST as there is no loss financially to the club.
My son comes with me on a regular basis and uses a pensioner ST without any problems.

As for downgrading and getting a part refund - I think you can probably forget about that!

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
a concessionary ticket , should just cover both OAPs and children as far as the turnstile and steward on duty are concerned ,

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I don't see there being any problem with a child entering on a pensioner ST as there is no loss financially to the club.
My son comes with me on a regular basis and uses a pensioner ST without any problems.

As for downgrading and getting a part refund - I think you can probably forget about that!

I've taken my four year old son using my Dad's season ticket on several occasions, and there has never been an issue. We don't bother trying to downgrade the ticket though!

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

:eek: BLIMEY....How old are you then? :lolol:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
An OAP ticket is the same as an under 21 ticket.
I got a call from the ticket office regarding a ST in my Wifes' name but used by my under 21 Daughter. They accepted that only my Daughter uses it.
Meanwhile I noticed at the turnstiles that an A4 sheet of paper was on the wall explaining the codes, light flashes, and which category each is. Never seen this paper before.

In answer to the question, just use the ticket and enjoy the game.

Rabeen

Jul 11, 2003
Worthing
We did exactly this at the weekend where my 17 year old cousin used my dads OAP ticket. I went to the ticket office just to check, which they duly did and said there was no difference to pay and gave me the ST back. All good.

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
A mate of mine sometimes brings one of kids to the game if my mate's mum doesn't come along - she has an OAP Season Ticket. We did get stopped one game by an overly officious steward (he let us all in eventually but made a big deal about it) but when my mate subsequently spoke to the club/ticket office they said that they'd never come across this as a problem (presumably because its cheaper for the kids than an OAP) and the system can't actually downgrade a ticket from OAP to Under 10 or 18. Although the last bit maybe that was just an excuse to avoid any conversation about a refund!! Having said that we've never had a problem on any other occasion (last time was the Hull game) so I doubt there will be a problem.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here