Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's catch the scumbag who did this

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Disgusting, hope CCTV finds the *******!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Really hope they catch the **** that did that.

To be honest, that corner and junction is an accident waiting to happen. Not seen anyone quite as stupid as that one, but the speed some drivers come round that corner is mental.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I just don't understand the mentality of some people. Firstly driving that fast around the corner, so that you are on the wrong side of the road, but more importantly failing to stop.

If I was being cynical I would assume that the driver is uninsured and probably already banned from driving.

Lets hope the poor chap who was knocked down makes a full recovery.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What do you mean?

I'm guessing he means if someone is driving entirely safely, but someone steps out completely unsighted at the last second and is hit by them through no fault of their own.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
I lost my brother to a hit and run accident - stuff like this send the heebie jeebies up me. Very pleased, yet slightly amazed having viewed the video, that reports are saying he is making a solid recovery. Can't discount the possibly that the driver may have also been drunk too.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Delighted that he's 'making a recovery' - how the poor fella survived that is beyond me. I don't know that area but it seems HE/SHE was also driving in the middle of the road at a stupid speed.. Some people just have no care for fellow humankind :(

PS - I'm a bit confused, the police seem to be asking were you driving certain cars that have fairly clear number plates - I'm assuming they've obviously tried tracking these down but can't from the plates... Seems odd?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The injured chap in question is alive & slowly recovering, but it was touch & go for a while.

Viewing that footage sent shivers down the spine, even amongst seasoned traffic coppers who've largely seen it all. I still find it hard to contemplate how a human being can do that to another (leaving him for dead, I mean).

Investigation is progressing, but every little bit of information helps, and the video has been released in the hope that the horrendous nature of it will trigger either a memory or a conscience in somebody. Fingers crossed, eh?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I lost my brother to a hit and run accident - stuff like this send the heebie jeebies up me. Very pleased, yet slightly amazed having viewed the video, that reports are saying he is making a solid recovery. Can't discount the possibly that the driver may have also been drunk too.

Really sorry to hear that matey - Brave of you to watch that too. x

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The injured chap in question is alive & slowly recovering, but it was touch & go for a while.

Viewing that footage sent shivers down the spine, even amongst seasoned traffic coppers who've largely seen it all. I still find it hard to contemplate how a human being can do that to another (leaving him for dead, I mean).

Investigation is progressing, but every little bit of information helps, and the video has been released in the hope that the horrendous nature of it will trigger either a memory or a conscience in somebody. Fingers crossed, eh?

The car looks like one of those little fiat things is that correct ? may I PM you if correct

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here