Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No sign of the promised striker

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Not long now to the end of the window. Looking more and more like a last minute deadline signing - if any. Please no more Dobbie's!

I'm hoping that placing this post will mean some good news very soon!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I reckon - about 50% certain - it will be Crouch, and not before the weekend.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I reckon - about 50% certain - it will be Crouch, and not before the weekend.

Can't see it, Stoke explicitly said they were only letting Sidwell go, and will Crouch be that interested in playing for us? Murray much more likely for me in February

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
1. A striker has never been promised.

2. Despite that, I believe the club are trying hard to add more firepower but they'll only do so if:
i) The striker is better or 'different' to what we already have.
ii) The deal represents value for money. That doesn't mean being cheap, but means not being ripped off.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Personally I think Murray on loan till the end of the season is the most likely scenario.

He still lives locally, will get less and less game time at Bournemouth and ticks a lot of the boxes for us.

With no game this weekend, we have enough options up front to keep us going till the loan window re-opens and we can maximise the number of games to take us up to the playoffs.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Personally I think Murray on loan till the end of the season is the most likely scenario.

He still lives locally, will get less and less game time at Bournemouth and ticks a lot of the boxes for us.

With no game this weekend, we have enough options up front to keep us going till the loan window re-opens and we can maximise the number of games to take us up to the playoffs.
I think it'll be Murray if we don't buy one.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes, no promise made by the club, but it makes sense to splash the cash on the most obvious gap in our team/squad, given our current league position... I'm sure Tony knows this, Chris knows this, and we all ****ing know it (except for the dullards on here).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have a hunch that if it isnt somebody like Peter Crouch or GM it will be a deal whereby Baldock goes the other way. no ITK just a gut feeling and NooBHA saying he is convinced we will sign that elusive striker and the club are working hard on it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm still cautiously optimistic about how we might do for the rest of the season if we don't get another striker. Assuming our now first-choice flying wingers and Wilson stay fit (and the latter doesn't get called back), I think we've got plenty of goals in us with BZ popping up in the right place time after time. Can even see Tomer getting a few with better service - he hasn't had a decent cross to get his head on since VLP against Charlton.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Good enough for me!
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] I would suggest Crouch is different to what we have [emoji3]

And probably better!
Well trying doesn't mean we'll be successful, and Crouch is a bit of a guess given the description of what we are trying for - it may actually be someone else from a PL team ( not Glenn Murray this window ).

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
If no one comes up with enough cash for Rhodes and we are the only party we could get him, but that is unlikely. I suspect he is classed as a "rip off" in Bozza terms.

Murray ticks a lot of the boxes. But based on previous years striker signings since Bloom came on board, with the exception of CMS, the striker won't be one of the obvious names.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Yes, no promise made by the club, but it makes sense to splash the cash on the most obvious gap in our team/squad, given our current league position... I'm sure Tony knows this, Chris knows this, and we all ****ing know it (except for the dullards on here).

AKA 'no-one'.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
If Stoke get knocked out of the Carling Cup tonight, that could allow Crouch to leave?
Crouch might have stuck around to get a game and medal for the final.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I have always loved two-meter Peter. Would be delighted if he donned the stripes! Imagine having him and Zamora as target man options..? Amazing.

Even some of our criminal crossing might be within his reach, :lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here