Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The mystery midget Huddersfield sub last Saturday

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Am I imagining things or was there a midget-sized unused Huddersfield sub on Saturday? A long train journey home had me wondering if he was the smallest footballer I've ever seen so I've just been trying to find out who he was and how tall he isn't.

Trouble is according to the BBC website there were 4 unused subs: Murphy, Husband, Holmes, Bojaj and they are, according to google they are 6'2'', 5'10'', 5'8'' and 6'0'' respectively. From the profile pics it looks like it was Duane Holmes but I'm v. surprised to see he's 5'8''. He looked a lot smaller when warming up along WSL from my vantage point. Did the BBC get it wrong or do I need glasses?

2zh2yi9.jpg

...and who is the smallest footballer to play either for or against us? Dean Cox?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Dean Cox is 5'4

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Am I imagining things or was there a midget-sized unused Huddersfield sub on Saturday? A long train journey home had me wondering if he was the smallest footballer I've ever seen so I've just been trying to find out who he was and how tall he isn't.

Trouble is according to the BBC website there were 4 unused subs: Murphy, Husband, Holmes, Bojaj and they are, according to google they are 6'2'', 5'10'', 5'8'' and 6'0'' respectively. From the profile pics it looks like it was Duane Holmes but I'm v. surprised to see he's 5'8''. He looked a lot smaller when warming up along WSL from my vantage point. Did the BBC get it wrong or do I need glasses?

2zh2yi9.jpg

...and who is the smallest footballer to play either for or against us? Dean Cox?
I guarantee it was Holmes, I remember when he came on the pitch last season and he seemed impossibly small and skinny, he had the build of a 12 year old girl, surprisingly good player mind.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
How tall is Sammy Lee? He must be a contender, I remember him being very, very small and I know he played in the semi-final game.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I just googled Sammy Lee to try to find out how tall he is and got this web page:

adf13a.jpg

I think it's time for me to call it a night.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

2zh2yi9.jpg

Was he warming up next to the enormous guy with the equally enormous hair that came on with about 10 mins to go (and happily was completely useless) ? Anyone would've looked small stood next to him.

Dodgy seagull

May 14, 2015
It was Holmes but I thought he looked smaller as well. Think it was because he was warming up next to Billing who is about 6'5 and had one of those silly top knot things as well

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Was he warming up next to the enormous guy with the equally enormous hair that came on with about 10 mins to go (and happily was completely useless) ? Anyone would've looked small stood next to him.

Yes he was. I assumed he was a mascot & the parents had done a runner.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Remember him playing against us a couple of seasons ago. Came on as a sub and actually looked dangerous. It was the game in which Barnes missed an absolute sitter.

2zh2yi9.jpg

So it wasn't my imagination then. I remarked to young Potting that I thought one of the players had brought his young lad along to watch!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Exactly this, Was warming up right next to Phillip Billing who reminded me of Fletch in his Lakers dream moment......

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here