Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kayal nursing an injured hip for two months? Is this right?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
There was mention on the Sidwell thread that Kayal has been playing with a hip injury for the last couple of months. Does anyone know if this is correct?

He certainly looked discomforted towards the end of the Hudds game. And we'd used all our subs.

The man is a machine - so I wouldn't be surprised if he is playing through the pain. I sincerely hope that this is conjecture though.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Be a fvcking disaster if we were to lose him to injury, especially now the other long term injured are starting to come back and could potentially put our best team out for the run in!!!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
It's unusual for any player to go a full season without *any* injury issues, but he's such an important part of our team that it'll always be cause for concern.

Even at his worst he's still better than any other options. Sidwell will possibly give him the opportunity to rest and recuperate every so often.

I love Kayal. I'm not over Orlandi and I doubt I ever will be but i'm warming to him.

It wouldn't surprise me - still a class act but not quite the force of the first part of the season. The signing of Sidwell is so vital as Boro showed us the importance of having 3 or 4 interchangeable front line midfielders. A big part of our December dip was the knackering of our genius 7 and Stephens

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Considering the problems he had at Celtic it's impressive that we have kept him on the pitch as long as we have

It's unusual for any player to go a full season without *any* injury issues, but he's such an important part of our team that it'll always be cause for concern.

Essentially, Kayal HAS gone an entire "season" for us. His signing was announced on January 23 last year with international clearance finally coming through late on Friday January 30. He was a sub against Forest on February 7 but then started each of the final 17 league matches of the season, from Cardiff away onwards. He has started 27 of the 28 league matches so far this season, only missing the Preston game through a suspension for reaching 5 cautions. So, he has started 44 of the last 45 league matches (and the one he missed wasn't through injury).

The only other players that have a comparable record are David Stockdale (who has also started 44 of 45, being an unused sub against Middlesbrough at the end of last season) and Bruno (who has started 43 of 45, plus was a playing sub against Reading last season and was also left on the bench against Middlesbrough in May).

(Also worth noting that Dale Stephens has started 37 of the last 38, missing only the same Preston game this season that Kayal missed, although in Stephens' case through injury rather than suspension).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
2 weeks rest will do him a lot of good, but we can't really speculate too much on this without knowing the full medical facts.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
2 weeks rest will do him a lot of good, but we can't really speculate too much on this without knowing the full medical facts.

Absolutely right. And won't stop anybody on here speculating away without any facts at all :lolol:

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
He was walking fine at PC world yesterday. And looked in good spirits. Not suprising when you see his girlfriend and porsche. I'd look happy too.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Rumour upon rumour, presumably sparked by Sid signing...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Someone was saying this a while back (before Rotherham). May have even been in the Argus although I could be imagining that. What a great signing he is - CH's first I believe too :)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
There was mention on the Sidwell thread that Kayal has been playing with a hip injury for the last couple of months. Does anyone know if this is correct?

He certainly looked discomforted towards the end of the Hudds game. And we'd used all our subs.

The man is a machine - so I wouldn't be surprised if he is playing through the pain. I sincerely hope that this is conjecture though.

I mentioned it and was told by someone fairly close to the players, that he'd had the injury for 'a couple of months' but was playing through it.

As per my other post on the Sidwell thread, he was fouled Saturday and laid down for quite a few seconds. I watched him after that and he was stretching that area, so I think it is likely to be correct.

His performance IMO has dropped slightly, but the amount of work he gets through is immense and more than makes up for it.

Just a great player who is totally committed.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Seemed to be holding his leg lower down tonight? Need him to play through the pain of possible tbh....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here