You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thanks for this. I'm very interested. Craft beer aside, I support the general principle of this business over another Burger King joint on the seafront.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Much as I'd love to see a pub reopen as a pub and not a Burger King, I'm not convinced that they have picked a very good site for their potential opening. Around the pier tends to attract the tourists and I'm not massively fond of the idea of drinking craft beer amongst the stag dos and hen parties!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Much as I'd love to see a pub reopen as a pub and not a Burger King, I'm not convinced that they have picked a very good site for their potential opening. Around the pier tends to attract the tourists and I'm not massively fond of the idea of drinking craft beer amongst the stag dos and hen parties!

Do Hen parties drink craft beer? ???

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Bison disappearing up their own ********s sadly, like a lot of the 'craft' mob.

Never had their beer . Whats it like?

I see your point but I suppose they need something to stick out from the crowd to promote their beer as there are a lot of Micro Brewery's popping up these days.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Never had their beer . Whats it like?

I see your point but I suppose they need something to stick out from the crowd to promote their beer as there are a lot of Micro Brewery's popping up these days.

It's good - they sell Beaststreet IPA (or something like that) in Dead Wax Social, a lovely hoppy pint, and I have also had it at the seafront bar next to the Fortune of War.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
It's good - they sell Beaststreet IPA (or something like that) in Dead Wax Social, a lovely hoppy pint, and I have also had it at the seafront bar next to the Fortune of War.

Do they actually brew it though? I was under the impression that the brewing was outsourced and it was rebranded?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

I do love a hoppy Pale Ale.

I'll keep an eye out for it.

Anyone know if its available in any pubs outside of Brighton?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Do they actually brew it though? I was under the impression that the brewing was outsourced and it was rebranded?

I don't know, sorry.

They were selling Bison beers at Together The People, which made a nice change from the usual corporate festival lager and bitter.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

When they see it doesn't serve Stella they'll soon leave.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

If they don't have their own brew kit then they'll most likely brew it themselves but using spare capacity from another brewery. Gypsy brewing is the term for this approach and it is common on the scene.

This is just a guess though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here