Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton v Sours 1983

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Just watching a recorded 'The Big Match Revisited'

Brighton v Spurs, April 1983. Ramsay sent off and misses the semi final. Galvin also takes an early bath (and in those days it did mean a bath as they still had the communal bath). At right back for Spurs was Chris Hughton sporting a rather large afro hairstyle.

For the record, we came from behind to win 2-1 with goals from Gatting and, in the dying moments, Ryan.

Finally, if you thought the Amex pitch was bad, you aint seen nothing!!!!

You tube link attached.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD9jA1TMHDU

Apologies for the duff spelling of Spurs in the heading!

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
That was my first ever game. My Dad took me and my brother for his 9th Birthday. My brother is a Spurs fan and cried all the way home. He still hates Brighton to this day due to that game ruining his birthday!

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
That was my first ever game. My Dad took me and my brother for his 9th Birthday. My brother is a Spurs fan and cried all the way home. He still hates Brighton to this day due to that game ruining his birthday!
Good.:lolol:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010

Brighton v Spurs, April 1983. Ramsay sent off and misses the semi final. Galvin also takes an early bath (and in those days it did mean a bath as they still had the communal bath). At right back for Spurs was Chris Hughton sporting a rather large afro hairstyle.

For the record, we came from behind to win 2-1 with goals from Gatting and, in the dying moments, Ryan.

You tube link attached.

Yep I was at that game bloody brilliant last 5 minutes. Spurs fans didn't take it very well.:ohmy:

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Yep I was at that game bloody brilliant last 5 minutes. Spurs fans didn't take it very well.:ohmy:

didn't take losing in 78 that well either

the boys did well that day standing their ground in the NW corner

against ridiculous odds

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

You tube link attached.

God I used to love watching that Brighton team - Ramsey was my favourite player in those days, closely followed by Gerry Ryan - how is he btw, anybody know?

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
didn't take losing in 78 that well either

the boys did well that day standing their ground in the NW corner

against ridiculous odds
The last stand at the tea hut and on the tea hut.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
No shirt sponsors but a month later us and Man Ure were both sponsored up anybody know why that was?

Highlights of the match were shown on TVS. Were there regulations in place at the time that meant shirt sponsors were removed when highlights of games were televised?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Was it 78' when they invaded the pitch at full time breaking the north goals cross bar?

I don't remember that,they tried getting the game abandoned after our 2nd goal

when the OB cleared the pitch,we more or less scored our 3rd from the re-start

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here