Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***WHC IX: Quarter final 2***

Hardest beast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Our second quarter final pitches two beasts on opposite ends of the size spectrum. Neither have reached the final before and with only one semi final appearance between them, both will be viewing this as a magnificent opportunity. Which means it should get particularly vicious particularly quickly.

The combatants:

Great White Shark

gty_Great_white_shark_mm_150616_16x9_992.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_white_shark

WHC IX performance:

2nd round: Beat Human 82-36
Group A: 2nd 25 votes(18.66%)

The GWS is enjoying one of its better WHC tournaments and is hoping to reach the semi finals for only the second time in its career. It cruised through the group stages and then annihilated the human in the second round. It's easy to see why it's done so well. It's a prehistoric killing machine that looks scary as ****. Powerful, massive mouthed, rows of razor sharp teeth and a willingness to attack anything if its feeling the slightest bit peckish. It's bite is so powerful that it can tear its prey-whether it be fish, seals, other sharks or boats- in half.

Vs

Grasshopper Mouse

mouse_fightingcentipede_480x360.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grasshopper_mouse

WHC IX performance:

2nd round: beat Tasmanian Devil 64-51
Group c: 2nd 27votes(18.88%)

The grasshopper mouse is a relative new boy to the WHC, making his professional bow in WHC VII. He's proven an instant hit however, making the quarter finals for the third time in a row. He'll be eager to build on his solid ground work of WHC's VII and VIII and progress to the semi's for the first time. What's he bringing to the fight? Everything. You want aggression and attitude? He's got it in spades. He's a mouse, no longer than 7.5 inches nose to tail yet he has a territory of 28 acres. A territory that he defends jealously and with an unequaled ferocity and aggressiveness. If he finds you encroaching even an inch into his land he'll howl like a wolf(yes, really. This mouse can howl. Like a wolf.) and then he'll attack. But attacking is not enough for him. He attacks to kill the intruding G.M. But even killing isn't enough, the grasshopper mouse will cannibalise any other grasshopper mouse that dares set foot in it's 28 acre territory. What does the grasshopper mouse eat when its not cannibalising other mice? Well it feasts upon anything from insects up to poisonous scorpions and snakes. That's right, it washes down a family member with a nice pint of poisonous snake or scorpion. Then howls to the moon.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
The Grasshopper Mouse:

It chases and repeatedly pounces at its victim until it gains a hold. It then bites through the back of the victim's skull, killing it within seconds of capture. It is known to attack other rodents THREE TIMES bigger.

And 28 acres. That's a territory the size of FOURTEEN football pitches. For an animal no bigger than the centre circle.

It's serious about this territory too. Put a load of them together in an enclosed space, and they fight continuously to the death until there is only one left. BLOODBATH.

This contest can only go one way.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I can only assume the shark has taken an early lead because all the sensible voters haven't arrived yet.

This is a NO BRAINER, Grasshopper Mouse is CLEARLY the hardest.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I love that picture of the grasshopper mouse. It genuinely looks like a snarling maniac, about to unleash absolute hell on that poor bug.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I love that picture of the grasshopper mouse. It genuinely looks like a snarling maniac, about to unleash absolute hell on that poor bug.

The tattered ear from previous battles says HARD too.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
There it is, GM moves into the lead and it will only get bigger.

It's interesting, 13 votes for the shark, yet not a single post in support. I smell some tactical voting from the BADGERISTS.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
There it is, GM moves into the lead and it will only get bigger.

It's interesting, 13 votes for the shark, yet not a single post in support. I smell some tactical voting from the BADGERISTS.

Tosh. I voted GM and if you cut me I BLEED HONEY BADGER.

The day he wins this competition he'll win it fair and square, and beat the best on the way. The Honey Badger way.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I fought HARD for the human in the last round but the GWS BEDAZZLED voters with his shiny teeth.

The mouse has it harder, he's proper HARD.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Oh for ****s sake. Its a ****ing shark. And a ****ing mouse.

I feel like my years of zoology study and now teaching have been for **** all

This. I'm really not going to vote for anything I could tread on. Sorry, I know. Pound for pound hardness etc but this is a great white shark. It really shouldn't go out to something whose biggest hardness claim to fame is to feature in The Gruffalo.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
something whose biggest hardness claim to fame is to feature in The Gruffalo.

A shark saw the mouse and the mouse looked good.
Where are you going to little grasshopper mouse? Come and have tea in my seawater house.
Nah. F**k off. I've got 28 acres to guard.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
This. I'm really not going to vote for anything I could tread on. Sorry, I know. Pound for pound hardness etc but this is a great white shark. It really shouldn't go out to something whose biggest hardness claim to fame is to feature in The Gruffalo.

FFS Sim, you really need to look past your OBSESSION with sharks.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
24 hours left. Grasshopper mouse has 60% of the vote. Is he heading for his first WHC semi final? Or is the great white shark going to make a legendary comeback?

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
One is trapped using cheese.

The other eats boats.

"oh but he has 28 acres of territory".... AND?

The sea is ****ing massive.

Put it this way, if someone said there was a mouse in a field... I WOULDN'T BE SCARED

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here