Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rather surprised

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am surprised that the team havent flown out to La Manga or similar for some warm weather training and team bonding for a few days. With instructions to go and have a few drinks together but behave to uphold our name.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hughton needs to be here for the last 8 days of the transfer window, as face to face meetings with players and agents will be more effective than phone calls from overseas.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I am surprised that the team havent flown out to La Manga or similar for some warm weather training and team bonding for a few days. With instructions to go and have a few drinks together but behave to uphold our name.

We've just built one the best training centres in the country and you think we should pay to train elsewhere?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think they should have all gone for a shopping trip to Leicester...

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
As has been stated they had the option to go to abu dhabi during the break but took the decision that with players coming back from injury and.the end of the window they would be better sticking with the facilities at lancing

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Hughton needs to be here for the last 8 days of the transfer window, as face to face meetings will players and agents will be more effective than phone calls from overseas.

True enough, bu I suppose Hughton doesn't have to go. The team could probably do with a short mid season break, and get some sun on their backs.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

The whole team will be out scouring non-league for an undiscovered left back. Chris finally read your emails and realised his mistake

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
cilla_3029206b.jpg

Is that Ben, chook? We've got yer grandad 'ere.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Albion have abandoned plans for a warm weather break to prepare the squad for a promotion push - in wintry Lancing.

The Seagulls have no game next weekend after going out of the FA Cup.

They could have gone to Abu Dhabi, where Rory McIlroy, Jordan Spieth and the rest of the world’s top golfers are set to enjoy t-shirt temperatures in the seventies in the climax to the HSBC Championship.

Manager Chris Hughton has decided instead to keep the squad together at the club’s well-equipped training complex in Lancing, where more rain is forecast next week.

Hughton said: “Our thinking is we’ve had a few injuries and perhaps it’s a good opportunity where the facilities are so good to get everybody together.

“Certainly some players have played a lot of games so will have a little bit of time off, but we’ve decided to keep everything in house.

“We’ve got very good facilities here. I think probably if we were a team like Middlesborough, who haven’t had too many injury problems, we might have thought about going away.

“But, because we’ve had a few injuries and there’s a few coming back, we just felt it was a good week just to keep everybody here.”

Staying put will also allow Hughton and the recruitment team to concentrate all their efforts on signing a striker before the transfer window shuts.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/14225308.Albion_abandon_plans_for_a_winter_getaway/

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hughton needs to be here for the last 8 days of the transfer window, as face to face meetings with players and agents will be more effective than phone calls from overseas.

He has other staff to take training. I would have thought fly out this morning fly back Friday weekend off and back to serious training Monday to get ready for Brentford. It is nothing to do with the training facilities we have available but the bonding together to get the team spirit back to what it was early season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He has other staff to take training. I would have thought fly out this morning fly back Friday weekend off and back to serious training Monday to get ready for Brentford. It is nothing to do with the training facilities we have available but the bonding together to get the team spirit back to what it was early season.
He has other staff, but then the 'boss is away' mindset creeps in, and the preparation for Brentford suffers. Much better to just give the players a weekend off.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The simple answer is that CH has a Denis Bergkamp level fear of flying :wink:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Tony should spend another £20m on an exact replica facility, in southern Spain.

But what he could do, to make it work, is reverse it.
The swimming pool, rock climbing, dining etc could all be outside.
While the pitches should be indoors with the air con on.

That way everything is catered of and they'll be no surprises.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Albion have abandoned plans for a warm weather break to prepare the squad for a promotion push - in wintry Lancing.

The Seagulls have no game next weekend after going out of the FA Cup.

They could have gone to Abu Dhabi, where Rory McIlroy, Jordan Spieth and the rest of the world’s top golfers are set to enjoy t-shirt temperatures in the seventies in the climax to the HSBC Championship.

Manager Chris Hughton has decided instead to keep the squad together at the club’s well-equipped training complex in Lancing, where more rain is forecast next week.

Hughton said: “Our thinking is we’ve had a few injuries and perhaps it’s a good opportunity where the facilities are so good to get everybody together.

“Certainly some players have played a lot of games so will have a little bit of time off, but we’ve decided to keep everything in house.

“We’ve got very good facilities here. I think probably if we were a team like Middlesborough, who haven’t had too many injury problems, we might have thought about going away.

“But, because we’ve had a few injuries and there’s a few coming back, we just felt it was a good week just to keep everybody here.”

Staying put will also allow Hughton and the recruitment team to concentrate all their efforts on signing a striker before the transfer window shuts.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/14225308.Albion_abandon_plans_for_a_winter_getaway/

That seems to explain the reasoning, which you cant argue with.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Back to back wins have probably achieved this wirhout the need to fly off into the sun.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Glad they aren't wasting money unnecessarily myself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here