Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The X Files reboot

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Did anyone else take the plunge yesterday/today?

For my mind one of the most original and thought provoking series ever returns with a fantastic start to the new series. It was probably the only series that made me stay in and watch without fail.

Despite losing it's way post series 7 of the original run it's always held a special place in my dvd collection and I am sincerely hoping that this new mini run is extended out to a full reboot.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I was too young for the original run and it seems to be surprisingly hard to find on Sky or via netflix, would you recommend I play the catch up game before jumping in to the new series?

Basically, if I start watching it from the new series am I going to be completely baffled?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Didn't think it started until February. When is it on ? ???

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I was too young for the original run and it seems to be surprisingly hard to find on Sky or via netflix, would you recommend I play the catch up game before jumping in to the new series?

Basically, if I start watching it from the new series am I going to be completely baffled?
It was always a little bit baffling, but I'm sure you'll pick it up.

In a nutshell the underlying story was that there was a secret date set for alien colonisation of the Earth, a group of baddies led by the cigarette smoking man was in on it, but there was also a bit of a double cross with them using alien dna to create human hybrid super soldiers, a lie within a lie, and the truth is basically out there.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
It starts in the US today, and will undoubtedly be available online.

yes, downloaded and watched it aearlier. was ok, but then i was not a great fan anyway, but x-file fans will be pleased im sure

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
yes, downloaded and watched it aearlier. was ok, but then i was not a great fan anyway, but x-file fans will be pleased im sure

I've read a few non-spoiler reviews, and some really liked the 1st episode, but others were less impressed. However, those who were less impressed with the opener, loved the next 2.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

Perhaps slightly as I expect there to be a lot of call backs to past episodes. If you do take the plunge I would suggest, genuinely, reading the wikipedia entry as it will direct you to most of the episodes that will play a seminal role in the reboot.

Have often wondered why it's not on netflix UK as it is in the US but would imagine someone else holds the streaming rights over here or chooses not to let anyone else.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Second episode - no spoilers.

Very enjoyable, this series is really getting into its stride. It's noticeable how relaxed Anderson and Duchovny are getting back into their old roles, and how much they are enjoying themselves. X Files was always a bit tongue in cheek with some dark humour and it carries over into this series. In some ways it's a pity that there are only 6 episodes - I guess less is more.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Second episode - no spoilers.

Very enjoyable, this series is really getting into its stride. It's noticeable how relaxed Anderson and Duchovny are getting back into their old roles, and how much they are enjoying themselves. X Files was always a bit tongue in cheek with some dark humour and it carries over into this series. In some ways it's a pity that there are only 6 episodes - I guess less is more.
Episode 3 is apparantly even better than the first 2.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Episode 3 is apparently even better than the first 2.
You weren't wrong. This was a real send up by the cast and they were definitely playing it for laughs. But as well as being very funny it made some good points, and you get to see Gillian Andersen in her undies - what's not to like

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
You weren't wrong. This was a real send up by the cast and they were definitely playing it for laughs. But as well as being very funny it made some good points, and you get to see Gillian Andersen in her undies - what's not to like

Boom. Will download tonight and peruse.

Darin Morgan wrote this one, he of Clyde Bruckman's final repost and Jose Chung from outer space fame. It's going to be epic.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here