Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Betting Opportunity

NorthStandSteward

Jan 14, 2014
Shakhtar's Alex Teixiera appears to be nearing a move to Liverpool, on Betfair he's currently 2/1 to sign for Liverpool before Febuary 3rd. On Skybet he's 4/1 to Stay at Shakhtar after February 3rd, excellent moneymaking opportunity.:)

NorthStandSteward

Jan 14, 2014
Chelsea seem the only other possible destination and they are at 8/1. After that:

Arsenal
20/1
PSG
28/1
Barcelona
33/1
Man City
33/1
Juventus
50/1
Real Madrid
50/1

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Great, so if I cover my back and put a tenner on all three (Chelsea too) and he joins Liverpool I get my money back. Close, but no cigar.

Yes but if he stays at Shaktar or joins Chelsea, you're quids in.

I might get involved...

NorthStandSteward

Jan 14, 2014
£10 On Liverpool - Break Even
£10 On Shakhtar - £20 profit
£10 On Chelsea - £60 Profit.

Seems decent enough.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Best of luck. You obviously are reliant upon another club not getting involved this week but that's the gamble.

NorthStandSteward

Jan 14, 2014
Personally I reckon him staying at Shakhtar is the most likely outcome and him going to Chelsea is the least.

If you're outgoings total £50 as you've posted, if he goes to Liverpool you would profit £40, If he stays at Shakhtar you would break even and If he goes to Chelsea you would profit £40.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Shakhtar's Alex Teixiera appears to be nearing a move to Liverpool, on Betfair he's currently 2/1 to sign for Liverpool before Febuary 3rd. On Skybet he's 4/1 to Stay at Shakhtar after February 3rd, excellent moneymaking opportunity.:)

Certainly an excellent moneymaking opportunity for anybody connected with the player who knows his intentions.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Assuming no other interested parties, you could always Dutch it:

£5 on staying
£15.50 on Liverpool
£5.15 on Chelsea

Locks in a 50% profit:

dutch.png

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
2/1 on Betfair Exchange is equivalent to evens, is it not? No stake back. No problem with Betfair Sportbook.
Which one is it with?

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
2/1 on Betfair Exchange is equivalent to evens, is it not? No stake back. No problem with Betfair Sportbook.
Which one is it with?

2/1 is 2/1 wherever it is. You are referring to "2" (evens,) an example of the unnecessary decimilisation of prices favoured by the "new" breed of bettor. :sick:

NorthStandSteward

Jan 14, 2014
My understanding is that it would count as a transfer to whoever he moves to, which is basically Liverpool or a slight possibility of Chelsea. I think it's fairly unlikely that Liverpool would spunk £30 odd million on a player who would return on loan to Shakhtar for 6 months though,

NorthStandSteward

Jan 14, 2014
Looks like a few people must of got on, Teixeira to stay at Shakhtar has come in from 4/1 to 6/4 with Skybet and Shakthar to end up at Liverpool has gone from 2/1 to 1/5 on Betfair.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here