Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking in Hove (Medina Villas)

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
Just booked a house at this place in Hove over Easter. On google it looks like double yellows and maybe some permit parking only... Is there any free on street parking nearby or is it all payment? We're coming down in 3 cars so the charges could mount up. I was thinking of leaving 2 cars somewhere free and paying for the 1? Any ideas?
Also, where is the best breakfast within walking distance... Thanks.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Nearest free parking will be at least a 30 minute walk away either north of the old Shoreham road or west of wish road

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
What is this "free" you speak of?

Have you been to Brighton & Hove before??

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just booked a house at this place in Hove over Easter. On google it looks like double yellows and maybe some permit parking only... Is there any free on street parking nearby or is it all payment? We're coming down in 3 cars so the charges could mount up. I was thinking of leaving 2 cars somewhere free and paying for the 1? Any ideas?

Would you be using the cars at all while you're down in Hove? If you're not, I'd maybe suggest leaving them for the whole weekend for free at Withdean park and ride (or one of the parking restriction-free streets off Preston Drove) and just getting one big eight-seater cab to and from your hotel. Would save you a fortune in parking fees. Think it might even be legal :thumbsup:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Are you sure the property doesn't come with a space/permit. A friend of mine had a house at Christmas in Kemp Town and it came with one parking space a short walk away

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You haven't a hope in hell of parking for free around there. I'd probably put two cars in Sainsburys West Hove and then pay for one car. Your challenge will be is that the parking limits in that area probably only allow up to 4 or 8 hours maximum stay and so you'll need to keep moving the car. Maybe even park all of them there and get a cab - should be less than a tenner each way.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The other alterntive here is, of course, to find someone with a permit in Zone N and ask to buy resident visitor permits off them.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I remember the good old days in the 90's when I worked in central Brighton, I'd park the car in Salisbury Road (just off Palmeira) and walk in, leaving it there all day. No parking fees, no residential parking, a nice daily stroll in along Western Road or the seafront and back. Loved it. Can't remember what year the council put paid to all that and painted the dreaded white lines, but it was a dark day indeed.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003

How many days are you down for?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here