Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Treatments for knee injuries

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
As a late 50s person , still playing tennis I have contrived to knacker (extreme jar) my left knee. Friend recommended Flexiseq ointment and I have ordered a tube. Anyone got any experience of the stuff? Good/bad?

TNBA

TTF

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As a late 50s person , still playing tennis I have contrived to knacker (extreme jar) my left knee. Friend recommended Flexiseq ointment and I have ordered a tube. Anyone got any experience of the stuff? Good/bad?

TNBA

TTF

See a physio to get the injury properly diagnosed - you can't treat it until you know what's wrong with it.

As an aside, I have found glucosamine sulphate supplement very good (supposedly helps cartilage regeneration) - takes a few weeks to have any effect but seemed to help my dodgy knees. Available at Holland and Barrett

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
See a physio to get the injury properly diagnosed - you can't treat it until you know what's wrong with it.

As an aside, I have found glucosamine sulphate supplement very good (supposedly helps cartilage regeneration) - takes a few weeks to have any effect but seemed to help my dodgy knees. Available at Holland and Barrett

Agree about physio. Up to last October I had severe pain in my left knee walking up and down stairs or slopes. Saw the doc who confirmed not arthritis and she advised me to get exercise to strengthen my calves and thighs to take the strain off the knee. I arranged to see a Personal Trainer/ Sports Therapist and magically, after a couple of months, the knee is right as rain. Have carried on seeing the PT to get in general good shape and have lost 8lb since Christmas, plus toning up neglected muscles.

Yoda

English & European
I would personally not bother with any creams what so ever. They don't penetrate the skin to get to the joint/ligament/tendon where the issue is.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I would consult a sports podiatrist . They will advise exercises to strengthen the surrounding musculature and ligaments and tendons, maybe you will need inserts in your trainers if you overpronate and put more strain on your knees. It's all about getting the right advice then listening to it.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Go and see Solly March's doctor :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-25 at 09.52.41.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-25 at 09.52.41.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 131

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Definitely see the doc.

I had a really bad knee and had unaligned the knee cap. Bad times, they taught we all the exercises and I was in physio for about a year (once/twice a week)

However the best progress was made when I went away for a weekend and the hotel had a pool. I hadn't swum for years but remembered my physio saying how good it can be for your knees. Swam a couple of hours a day for 3 days and she could tell the difference when I was back in the next week. Since then I make sure I swim as often as possible and my knees (other one isn't too clever either) haven't been this strong since my teens

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here