Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora says Sidwell would be a great signing for Albion [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
BOBBY ZAMORA would love Steve Sidwell to return to Albion.
But he has warned the Seagulls face plenty of competition for the experienced Premier League midfielder.
Stoke’s Sidwell was at the Amex on Saturday as a guest of Zamora.

He watched Zamora volley the Seagulls ahead with his seventh goal of the season in the 2-1 win against Huddersfield. The pair played together for Albion in the Championship in 2002-03 and were also Premier League team-mates at Fulham.
A well-placed source has told The Argus Albion and Fulham are bidding to sign the 33-year-old, although Sidwell’s presence at the match was played down afterwards by boss Chris Hughton.
Zamora said: “Siddy hasn’t been involved too much at Stoke and had the weekend off. Obviously, he knows the club and he’s come down. It’s nice to see him.
“He’s a very good player, a great talent, but I think he’s got a lot more options than just those two and certainly some in the Premier League. It’s down to him.
“I’d love him to (sign) but it’s out of my hands as such. He’s got a lot more to think about than just playing football with me.”
Sidwell, surplus to requirements at Stoke, has made 200 appearances in the Premier League for the Potters, Reading, Aston Villa, Chelsea and Fulham.
Albion’s second win in succession lifted them back up to third in the Championship. They will drop to fourth this evening, below Burnley or Derby, who face each other at Turf Moor.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here