hughton-post-huddersfield-ld229-2918898_478x359.jpg

Chris Hughton
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 25th January 2016
by James Hilsum
The two goals were much needed."
Chris Hughton
CHRIS HUGHTON was pleased with the reaction of his side after conceding on the stroke of half -time to claim a 2-1 win over Huddersfield Town on Saturday.

Harry Bunn scored an unlikely equaliser for the Terriers after Bobby Zamora’s superb opener and Hughton felt Albion recovered well from the setback.
He said, "We conceded a goal at the worst-possible time. We showed a fair amount of quality in that second half. We knew the game would open up and when these games open up, it’s all about the team that shows the most quality.
“They [Huddersfield] are a team that play a good brand of football, they are a young side and we limited them to minimal opportunities. They threatened a lot without having really good chances.
“We’re at home and we needed to make sure we had the most opportunities. We didn’t have anywhere near as many as I would’ve liked, but we got into some good positions. The two goals were much needed.”
The Seagulls boss says he welcomes the added scrutiny of being near the top of the table and is delighted to have Kazenga LuaLua available for selection once again.
“There is more pressure when you’re up there in those leading positions. We certainly found that with some teams adjusting their games against us, but still if you said would I rather be up there with the pressure that comes with it, then we’d have taken it.
“In the short period of time that he played, anyone who hadn’t seen Kaz before would have a fair idea now of what he’s about and what he can bring to the team. He has power and pace that can cause problems to the defenders. It was really good to have him back. Hopefully we can get him back to a level where he’s able to start.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

DAVID WAGNER says his Huddersfield Town side will take plenty of lessons from a narrow 2-1 defeat to Brighton & Hove Albion on Saturday.
The Terriers boss admits that a lack of cutting edge up front and key errors cost them the game, but hailed the effort from his players.
He told htafc.com, “It was a defeat where we are able to learn very much.
“Firstly, we can see from this game that we are going the right way. For a big part of the game, I thought we did well against one of the best teams in the league. There were no goal chances for Brighton in the second half until the one they scored.
“What we also have to learn is that to beat one of the best teams in the league, we are not allowed to make such easy mistakes. We made one mistake too many. We didn’t use our chances in offence and the way we gave away the goals – especially the second one – was too easy.”
“When we get the offensive chances, we have to concentrate to score. We had one in the first half – a strike from Nahki [Wells] and he shot over the goal. In the second half, Nahki had another great opportunity. From these situations, we have to create more.”
Wagner is confident that his side will improve when they next face one of the division’s top teams.
“These are small, easy moments with very, very big results. This is what we have to make better.
“We are able to learn and we like to learn; I know my squad is very open -minded. We will get opportunities to beat the best teams in the league in the future, and we will learn to get the right result because of this game.”[h=3]ALBION V BRENTFORD
[/h]FRIDAY 5TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V BOLTON WANDERERS
[/h]SATURDAY 13TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V LEEDS UNITED
[/h]MONDAY 29TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here