Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester, the new QPR?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I quite liked Leicester, provincial club, kindly gave us £10 million for Leo, top of the Premier League playing good football etc.

They said that when they were promoted in 2014 they complied with FFP too, so even better.

A quick look at their accounts in 2014 reveals that their revenue in the promotion season went shooting up

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453670577.594134.jpg

Pretty impressive rise you may say. Especially for sponsorship income. A further look at the Leicester accounts reveals they signed a huge marketing deal with a company called Trestellar, worth about £11 million.

In 2014 Trestellar, according to its accounts, had one employee, no website or even a phone number. It's director was Sir Dave Richards (he has now resigned, to be replaced by his son). Sir Dave has close connections with Thailand (another of his son's companies makes their Premier League trophy).......and Leicester have Thai owners.

If Leicester had not signed the fantastic new marketing contract they would have had to pay about £8m as an FFP fine.

I'm sure all of the above is a coincidence and everything is above board of course. The Football League, just as they did with QPR, still have not reached a conclusion some 20 months after both teams were promoted.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I quite liked Leicester, provincial club, kindly gave us £10 million for Leo, top of the Premier League playing good football etc.

They said that when they were promoted in 2014 they complied with FFP too, so even better.

A quick look at their accounts in 2014 reveals that their revenue in the promotion season went shooting up

View attachment 71781

Pretty impressive rise you may say. Especially for sponsorship income. A further look at the Leicester accounts reveals they signed a huge marketing deal with a company called Trestellar, worth about £11 million.

In 2014 Trestellar, according to its accounts, had one employee, no website or even a phone number. It's director was Sir Dave Richards (he has now resigned, to be replaced by his son). Sir Dave has close connections with Thailand (another of his son's companies makes their Premier League trophy).......and Leicester have Thai owners.

If Leicester had not signed the fantastic new marketing contract they would have had to pay about £8m as an FFP fine.

I'm sure all of the above is a coincidence and everything is above board of course. The Football League, just as they did with QPR, still have not reached a conclusion some 20 months after both teams were promoted.

Possibly not quite so above board!!

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/mar/06/leicester-city-football-league-financial-fair-play

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
This is old news as was reported 10 months ago. On the basis that Leicester are not going to be relegated this season there is little need to speed up the process as any fine is deferred until relegated. Given that Leicester will secure the huge increase in TV money next season, and also possibly Champions League riches any fine (if it is levied) will be small compared to their income from their stay in the Premier League

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Some chairman we know owns a business that tells people what to gamble millions of pounds on. That sounds pretty dodgy to me. I'm enjoying the Leicester challenge, it's refreshing.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Always the problem though. I really wish the Football League would show teeth on this. FFP is just too loose. It's so easy to just create a loan or marketing company to transfer cash across - if an owner has enough money and is prepared to continue to bankroll the club, it's not hard to do

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here