Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
http://www.smp.no/100Sport/fotball/eliteserien/article677995.snd

Norwegian 18-year-old headed to opprykksjagende Brighton
AaFK agreed sale of Henrik Bjørdal.
Eliteserien

Eirik Nesset Hjelvik

Published: January 24, 2016 7:13 p.m. PM Last updated: January 24, 2016 7:20 p.m. PM

Henrik Bjørdal seems to be lost for AaFK. His career will probably continue in English Brighton.

Sunnmørsposten get confirmed that AaFK and a foreign club have agreed terms for a sale of Bjørdal. 18-year-old has been ÅFK permission to visit the club Monday to agree on his personal contract.

How Sunnmørsposten understand what it is about the English Championship club Brighton.

Bjørdal stood over game - is on its way abroad

- It is true that we are agreed on the framework for an agreement with a club about a sale of Henrik, but anything more than that I can hardly comment, saying AaFK director Henrik Hoff.

Hardt bet Brighton fighting for promotion to the Premier League this year. After 28 rounds is the club third in the Championship - five points behind Middlesbrough on direct promotion place.
On outgoing contract

Henrik BJORDAL contract with Aalesund is originally out in summer. The winger has not wanted to prolong this.

Toy bids rejected - have notified Bjørdal bid

- We would be more than happy to keep Henrik at the club for several years. But since he only has five to six months left on his contract and he has asked strongly about getting this opportunity, so we think it is right to let him go now, says Henrik Hoff.

- What can you say about the agreement for ÅFK part?

- I emphasize that not everything is in place, but under the circumstances - considering that he has five months left on his contract - it's a deal we are pleased with. But I can not say anything more than that, says Hoff.
Shall be replaced

There, however, he is crystal clear is that Henrik Bjørdal be replaced.

- All players disappear now, must be replaced, says Hoff.

AaFK coach Trond Fredriksen has long been prepared to lose both Bjørdal and Leke James. Now it seems at least to be lost. Probably also sold Leke James in a short time.

- We try to stay ahead as best as possible. Considering the substitutes, I feel that we are as well prepared as it whatsoever is possible to be - unless we agree with the club or the player about a transition, says Fredriksen.

- You have specific names of substitutes?

- Yes, I already know who I want as Henry replaces. I have already been in contact with a player and asked him whether it might be appropriate. There, he has said he might be, says Fredriksen.

He looks forward also to the international transfer window closes at the end.

- To date, the international window impeded the bit to get players. For our part, it is an advantage that it closes, says Fredriksen.
Google Translate for Business:Translator ToolkitWebsite Translator

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
That's him never making a first team appearance and going back to Norway in a year then :moo:

Possibly via Luton? He's a u-21 international right midfielder so if he did arrive will have a tough fight to break into the first team.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Not seen him kick a ball so cant really comment but sooner or later one of these unknown outside their own towners will pay off .

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Has a lot of games under his belt, so shouldn't be far from ready for action, once familiarising himself to the league of beasts that we're in. If he has skill and a good reading of the game and packed with potential, then it should be something of a coup to grab him and keep him in our midst for a while. Good to sign old reliable pros, but a new generation is always needed and fills the likes of me with a tad of excitement - not in THAT way - of whom might come through and be a real asset.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Waits Big Gully to come on in full moan up mode, to tell us there are four better players of his age in Balcombe.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
We've had too many of these exciting young foreign prospects go on to do absolutely diddly squat so I just can't get excited anymore.

Playing international football is no indicator either, if it's for a shit country. Maksimenko was a full international for Latvia and still got nowhere near our first team.

Agdestein got called up to the Norway U21s and now finds himself in his home country's second tier.

No doubt this guy is being shipped in to replace Hambo as our latest Scandinavian prospect who'll do precisely nothing until 2/3 years down the line when his contract is terminated by mutual consent once everyone has forgotten about him.

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate that these gambles have to be taken as if you turn down the opportunity to sign the next big thing before they're big, you'll be kicking yourself when they go on to be worth astronomical fees. It's just that I can't think of any examples of young foreign talent we've ever profited from.

If we ever make money on foreign players it's from established players who've been plucked from relative obscurity and managed to flourish with us, like Ulloa or... Come to think of it, have we turned a profit on any other foreign players we've brought in ever?

RohanInceEnthusiast

Nov 26, 2015
He followed our official Twitter page this morning so I would imagine it is almost complete. A lot of stuff flying about regarding his potential and how underrated he is so will be another addition to the already talented development academy. Also, just found he's played alongside Martin Odegaard (now at Real Madrid)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here