Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Awful guest ale yesterday.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Yet again WSU ran out of Harveys so tried the guest ale. It was appalling, like water used to wash out the pipes... Why can't the club supply known canned/bottle beer as a substitute when the beer runs out.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yet again WSU ran out of Harveys so tried the guest ale. It was appalling, like water used to wash out the pipes... Why can't the club supply known canned/bottle beer as a substitute when the beer runs out.

Well instead of supplying known canned/bottled beer as a substitute, why don't they simply order more Harveys?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Some mates went in there on the rather hopeful chance that the guest ale was by Magic Rock. Sadly it was one of the big, but bland, breweries.

Out of interest how do they decide on the guest ale? Who advises the club?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Some mates went in there on the rather hopeful chance that the guest ale was by Magic Rock. Sadly it was one of the big, but bland, breweries.

Perhaps @BensGrandad should be doing it, I could be mistaken but I believe he once mentioned that he ran a pub.

el punal

Mr. Watney from the Red Barrel Piss and Pour Brewery Company. (Those of a certain age will know what I'm on about!). :drink:

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Always look forward to trying the guest ale although this week was not to my taste, but at least the club makes the effort to give us the chance to try different ales from around the country and some you like and some you don’t. If I don’t like just move to Harveys but agree no excuse for running out of Harveys (far better than having to put up with John Smiths)

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I've never seen the guest in the upper east, can someone tell me if any of the outlets there ever serve it. I always go to the first one in from south end.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Theakstons was the only beer sold at my uni. It tasted like a sheep had died and was rotting in the barrel. It probably explained why the uni bar was empty so much of the time while pubs nearby were packed

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I have no issues with guest ales but bought two pints yesterday for myself and friend and that was £9 down the drain without having any pleasure. It was poor....

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Where were you served,I was in WSU and having had a pint of Harveys it was very poor and not like a beer ( even a light beer). £8 or £9 it was wasted...

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Mr. Watney from the Red Barrel Piss and Pour Brewery Company. (Those of a certain age will know what I'm on about!). :drink:

_vyr_4681WATNEYS-Party-Seven-BITTER--3-86L.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here