Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bob McNab in On the Buses.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I was watching an old repeated episode of the 70's sitcom On the Buses one evening last week, when lo and behold, the old Arsenal & England left back Bob McNab made a guest appearance.

I remember him well as a member of Arsenal's double winning side of 1970/71. most of whose home games my father, being a big Gunners fan, took me to see as a teenager.

Note to BG. He is still only 72, could he do a job for us?

D

Deleted User X18H

I saw this one. Olive is in goal. He is the star striker who gets injured before the big game

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I saw this one. Olive is in goal. He is the star striker who gets injured before the big game

Yep you've got it. When he got injured, Stan came out with the line, we should have paid extra and got Bobby Charlton.

Very much a series of it's time was On the Buses.

That particular episode was filmed in 1973 I believe.

I also didn't realise that when Bob McNab finally left Arsenal after nine years with the club, he had a successful career in the NFL, now lives in Los Angeles, and has a daughter called Mercedes McNab who is an actress.

D

Deleted User X18H

Yep you've got it. When he got injured, Stan came out with the line, we should have paid extra and got Bobby Charlton.

Very much a series of it's time was On the Buses.

That particular episode was filmed in 1973 I believe.

I also didn't realise that when Bob McNab finally left Arsenal after nine years with the club, he had a successful career in the NFL, now lives in Los Angeles, and has a daughter called Mercedes McNab who is an actress.
Bobby Charlton was playing for Preston at the time. Appeared at the Goldstone I believe.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
086-1973-03-06-mee_0263.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here