Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This cryptic 'big money striker' unlikely to eclipse Zamora's 15/16 season....

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
So thus far Bobby has directly contributed, by my befuddled reckoning, to 16 points this season. I seriously doubt any new striker will garner that kind of substantive points haul.

I realise much of this has been made in comment, within the subtext of multiple threads. But hey; it bears repeating - difficult to argue with.

Moving forward we need that 'new' Zamora, but I doubt it'll ever be a South American, who will never have 'that' special place in all of our memories and hearts.

I hope we unearth a gem, from these shores, I'd much rather this than spend 10 million euros on some money grabbing 'say some English words you know' 'errmmm Brigh Tom errrrrr tits errmmm quarter past three errmmm it's cap, it's touch....'

Anyway; whom ever, if ever! Rocks up, they'll do well to put Bobby Z in the corner this time around...

But, obviously, I hope they do.

Koshamora

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
With a record of 7 goals in just over 8 games (playing time) BZ will take some beating, whoever we sign, personally I think the answer is already here, as long as Man Utd let us keep him.

OK he's taking a while to settle, and has looked I'll at times, but he's still chipped in with 3 goals, I think he might be a blinder once he's used to the Championship,and has built up his fitness.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
With a record of 7 goals in just over 8 games (playing time) BZ will take some beating, whoever we sign, personally I think the answer is already here, as long as Man Utd let us keep him.

OK he's taking a while to settle, and has looked I'll at times, but he's still chipped in with 3 goals, I think he might be a blinder once he's used to the Championship,and has built up his fitness.

I don't think young Jamesy boy looks well since his classic puke moment on live tv. But I did love his making a direct run for the north stand when he scored yesterday. I think this boy is an absolute gem (when he's better, if he isn't already), and I'd be happy to go the season with what we have. Bobby Z is the jewel in the crown, he can play cameo every week if he scores. I think Knocky will make the difference, more than any striker. It looks like he can feed them hungry strikers and we have been missing that more than buying additionals. In my honest opinion like.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I don't think young Jamesy boy looks well since his classic puke moment on live tv. But I did love his making a direct run for the north stand when he scored yesterday. I think this boy is an absolute gem (when he's better, if he isn't already), and I'd be happy to go the season with what we have. Bobby Z is the jewel in the crown, he can play cameo every week if he scores. I think Knocky will make the difference, more than any striker. It looks like he can feed them hungry strikers and we have been missing that more than buying additionals. In my honest opinion like.

Agree with every word

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Spot on, plus a fit Kaz on the other side.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Remember Wilson too - 2 winners so far I think...?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I hope we unearth a gem, from these shores, I'd much rather this than spend 10 million euros on some money grabbing 'say some English words you know' 'errmmm Brigh Tom errrrrr tits errmmm quarter past three errmmm it's cap, it's touch....'

While I agree with your comments on Zamora's legacy, I think you should have left this bit out. There is no reason to think that the right player from foreign shores should not develop an affinity with the club, fans and place. Would you rather have the foreign born, English as a second language Inigo Calderon representing Brighton, or the English speaking, came up through our reserves Dan Harding?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Well, this. Unless there is an outstanding option off shore it's pointless spending the type of money that would simply buy us someone no better than an in form Wilson. Having spending power doesn't necessarily mean getting the right purchase in January. For me it's down to holding a real depth of quality in the Midfield. I think we are just one player short there (If we are looking at challenging for automatic promotion).

If Wilson stays there should be enough up front. I'd like to see us go back to 4-5-1 anyway. Such is my confidence since Knockeart turned up.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Well, this. Unless there is an outstanding option off shore it's pointless spending the type of money that would simply buy us someone no better than an in form Wilson. Having spending power doesn't necessarily mean getting the right purchase in January. For me it's down to holding a real depth of quality in the Midfield. I think we are just one player short there (If we are looking at challenging for automatic promotion).

If Wilson stays there should be enough up front. I'd like to see us go back to 4-5-1 anyway. Such is my confidence since Knockeart turned up.

4-5-1 is the devil incarnate... noooooooo

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
While I agree with your comments on Zamora's legacy, I think you should have left this bit out. There is no reason to think that the right player from foreign shores should not develop an affinity with the club, fans and place. Would you rather have the foreign born, English as a second language Inigo Calderon representing Brighton, or the English speaking, came up through our reserves Dan Harding?

Completely agree with this. Ulloa is another example of a foreign player who built up a great relationship with the fans. I also think you get better value overseas e.g. CMS and Ulloa cost similar amounts.

With all the Sidwell talk yesterday, I was thinking how good it would be to get another Sidwell equivalent at that stage. Think he cost Reading very little and was fantastic for them. Shame we couldn't compete for him then but now we could.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
4-5-1 is the devil incarnate... noooooooo

I don't think it is if you have the right team.

For me, Lua Lua, Kayal, Stephens, Knockeart and A.N Other (I.e the extra quality player I feel we need) would be an incredibly strong Midfield.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I can understand where u r coming from re 4 5 1...but we've got where we are playing 4 4 2 (at least starting a match) therefore should stick with it unless we hav an striker injury crisis

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Knockhaert is the best signing the club has made in years, the man stinks nay reeks quality every time he touches that football.
If i wasn't straight I would be gay just for him ha ha !!

" Little Tony " utter utter quality x

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Knockhaert is the best signing the club has made in years, the man stinks nay reeks quality every time he touches that football.
If i wasn't straight I would be gay just for him ha ha !!

" Little Tony " utter utter quality x

Which leads us to the question: Why in God's sweet holy name did Leicester let him go on a free?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We need a striker. The club know this too. Why are so many posters on here not recognising this need?

Also, 4-4-2 should remain our primary formation - it has worked well for us.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We need a striker. The club know this too. Why are so many posters on here not recognising this need?

Also, 4-4-2 should remain our primary formation - it has worked well for us.

Agreed. The ideal starting line-up would probably be Wilson plus the mythical new £10m chap, with BZ on the bench. In the meantime, though, we'll likely do OK with AK and Lua Lua out wide feeding whoever we play in the middle. I can even see Tomer getting a few with the kind of crosses AK delivers.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Remember Wilson too - 2 winners so far I think...?

Only the one yesterday was a winner.

He scored our first in the 2-2 at Derby, and against Charlton to get us back in it (Hemed got the winner).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here