Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Whilst Midlesborough looked most organised and we never looked like scoring I thought Huddersfield were most entertaining side this year. I thought the speed they moved ball from back to front was outstanding. They were only let down by final touch in penalty area. Unlike some other sides I couldn't name any outstanding individuals they just played well as a team. Couldn't understand why we let there keeper throughout game pass to full backs. However they closed us down and we had to revert to Stockdale kicking long all of the time.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Whilst Midlesborough looked most organised and we never looked like scoring I thought Huddersfield were most entertaining side this year. I thought the speed they moved ball from back to front was outstanding. They were only let down by final touch in penalty area. Unlike some other sides I couldn't name any outstanding individuals they just played well as a team. Couldn't understand why we let there keeper throughout game pass to full backs. However they closed us down and we had to revert to Stockdale kicking long all of the time.

We were saying the same, some lovely passing exchanges and quick movement, let down by the final ball most of the time (thank goodness)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Very slick passing and movement, quite surprised they are not further up the table albeit very clumsy defenders

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I didn't expect them to play in that style, but it was nice to watch. They never really looked that dangerous though (other than the goal!) did Stockdale make a proper save?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Agree with all of that, they play a nice brand of football and are probably only a few players away from being play-off contenders.

Also one of the only teams that have come to the Amex this year that hasn't engaged in play-acting and time wasting. They were physical in a fair and honest way. Good luck to them I say.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Very slick passing and movement, quite surprised they are not further up the table albeit very clumsy defenders

Current manager implemented the style of play and hasn't been in charge that long ..hence there league position?...Unbeaten in five league games before yesterday

One hot tub one ambition

Apr 28, 2015
Hove
Already summed up why they are not in the top half: shaky defence and awful final ball.
That's what happens when you have Mark Hudson in defence and a former non-league striker playing on the wing , trying to aerially cross to a striker like Nakhi Wells.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I didn't expect them to play in that style, but it was nice to watch. They never really looked that dangerous though (other than the goal!) did Stockdale make a proper save?

No I don't think he did....but then neither did there goalie as far as I remember

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
They reminded me of us last season. With a few good key signings, they'll be challenging next season.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Appeared to be a work in progress and will need some better players at the back to be able to play the high-pressing style without getting caught out like yesterday, but definitely one of the more progressive looking sides we've seen recently. A refreshing contrast to the home games against Ipswich and Wolves.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Really quite impressed with Huddersfield today. Surprised by their speed and how they gave us very little time on the ball. But for some poor finishing and lack of an aerial threat it could have been a different story. If they build on this next season, they'll be challenging at the top of this division.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The match report in the Football League Paper today broadly echoes this thread. Lots of quick movement, some dynamic passing, and good ball retention. But it was all in the middle third. Stockdale hardly had a save to make (nor did their keeper in all fairness). Wells looked lightweight up front and missed their only decent chance aside from the goal, and they seemed to have little cutting edge. Somebody suggested it was like watching us under Oscar Garcia- loads of possession, looking pretty, but not a great deal of threat up front.

Also thought their defence looked weak, and always likely to give up chances. The full back who was sent off was dreadful long before he got his second yellow: he was all over the place.

They've clearly improved since the earlier part of the season, but I suspect they'd need a few additions to that squad to become top half contenders.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The match report in the Football League Paper today broadly echoes this thread. Lots of quick movement, some dynamic passing, and good ball retention. But it was all in the middle third. Stockdale hardly had a save to make (nor did their keeper in all fairness). Wells looked lightweight up front and missed their only decent chance aside from the goal, and they seemed to have little cutting edge. Somebody suggested it was like watching us under Oscar Garcia- loads of possession, looking pretty, but not a great deal of threat up front.

Also thought their defence looked weak, and always likely to give up chances. The full back who was sent off was dreadful long before he got his second yellow: he was all over the place.

They've clearly improved since the earlier part of the season, but I suspect they'd need a few additions to that squad to become top half contenders.

3 shots on target for them and just 2 for us. I thought they bossed the game until the second goal personally and it's not often we get less than 50% possession. Knocky's contribution and two fine well worked goals covered up the cracks of a team that looked very short on confidence IMO. We need to be much more solid and retain possession better to stay in the playoffs. Our defence looked all over the place at times, especially at corners, and a decent striker would have punished us. Tellingly they targeted Ridgewell who looked quite uncomfortable when run at.

I was impressed by them and they gave us no time on the ball which we struggled against.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
I was saying to my brother after the game that Hudds had players that ran with the ball at their feet and caused problems. It was just the final ball that let them down. Its the art of running with the ball whilst keeping it under control. We have Knockaert, KLL and March but Murphy needs to improve his close control skills.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Agree with most comments ,they were a quick team but with a hit and hope mentality ,there is no point being quick and getting the ball up quickly if you dont have the quality to get anyone on the end of it and convert it ,and as said Stockdale was not really troubled .They are a reasonable team though .Pity I couldnt say the same (and not to tarnish all Huddersfield fans ) about some of their neanderthal homophobic fans after the match who while walking up the steps were making vile disgusting remarks to youngsters and their parents and fans in general .These individuals really are living in the dark ages .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here