Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OT: And litening to Bowie

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Very drunk but listening to his vast backlog, what Bowie does it for you?

Seriously moonlight happening hic x

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Ziggy every time.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Noticed they played Heroes yesterday during the players pre-match warm up

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hunky Dory has been an album I have played regularly since the early 70's. It was briefly in the shadow of Ziggy for me but it has remained my favourite Bowie album, even though there are plenty of other excellent ones.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
If forced to choose then probably Low.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The Laughing Gnome. In all the tributes I've read to Bowie NO ONE has mentioned The Laughing Gnome, but it's a classic with brilliant lyrics: "Didn't they teach you to get your hair cut at school, you look like a Rolling Gnome!", "Naa, not at the London School of Ecognomics!" Also whilst people have mentioned "All the Young Dudes" that he wrote for Mott The Hoople. no one has mentioned the classic he wrote for Paul Dean and the Soul Savages: "Over the wall we go - all coppers are nanas". Plus he once played saxophone on a Steeleye Span album, 'Now We Are Six' I believe I could be wrong.

Or, if I'm being serious, Hunky Dory, Ziggy Stardust and Aladdin Sane in that order.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The Laughing Gnome. In all the tributes I've read to Bowie NO ONE has mentioned The Laughing Gnome, but it's a classic with brilliant lyrics: "Didn't they teach you to get your hair cut at school, you look like a Rolling Gnome!", "Naa, not at the London School of Ecognomics!" Also whilst people have mentioned "All the Young Dudes" that he wrote for Mott The Hoople. no one has mentioned the classic he wrote for Paul Dean and the Soul Savages: "Over the wall we go - all coppers are nanas". Plus he once played saxophone on a Steeleye Span album, 'Now We Are Six' I believe I could be wrong.

Or, if I'm being serious, Hunky Dory, Ziggy Stardust and Aladdin Sane in that order.

Didn't he pen Laughing Gnome in about 1967?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Just listening to Black Star for the first time. Its very good.

Favourite is Hunky Dory though, Queen Bitch makes me smile everytime I hear it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here