Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shola Amoebi

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
His short term contract at Bolton ends now (yes, I'm watching the nightmare that is channel 5). Any thoughts?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Don't really think he'd be any better (or worse in all fairness) than our current options so...yeah, fine for making up the numbers but not likely to make a difference...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No thanks, I would prefer we sign Leon Best.

Frankly, compared to that, I would prefer to sell the entire first team squad and play the U21s! I'd rather re-call COG any day too, rather than have that worthless lump taking up space on the pitch.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
CH will know what he can and cant do from their Newcastle days together I would think.

Sounds like something that would have been sent before Best appeared and look how well that turned out... if the clubs serious about promotion they'll aim their sight a lot higher.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
But that's what you did. You quoted my post, and responded to it.

Ameobi I think would fit into the style of Football Brighton play at the moment so I wouldn't be adverse to it but I think we are chasing someone different but have no idea who it is because everyone at the club is doing the right thing and playing things close to their chest

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm so drunk I can't remember what day it is, can we do George Best?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ameobi I think would fit into the style of Football Brighton play at the moment so I wouldn't be adverse to it but I think we are chasing someone different but have no idea who it is because everyone at the club is doing the right thing and playing things close to their chest

Not sure who is replying to who any more! But.......................................four or five years ago I'd have been ecstatic at the idea of Shola Ameobi coming to the Albion, but now I've mentally moved on. Right now I'd think, "Meh" - but maybe other people know better than I.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Not sure who is replying to who any more! But.......................................four or five years ago I'd have been ecstatic at the idea of Shola Ameobi coming to the Albion, but now I've mentally moved on. Right now I'd think, "Meh" - but maybe other people know better than I.

He was never a brilliant player but he is not any better or any worse than he was several years ago. What he gives you is a big strong lad in the box who unsettles opponents and what that does is leave space for others. Given we play with 2 wingers that's the reason I thing he fits how we play but I don't think he heads the list of people we are after

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here