Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ridgewell first impression.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
For most supporters today would have been the first they have seen of him. What is the general opinion? I thought that he was a slight improvement on Calderon but still looked what he is a CB being played out of position. Ì would hate to see him face Downing or Ince running at him but generally as a stop gap he will do.

Last edited:

thbjenkins

Mar 12, 2014
Lancing
Didn't think he was any better than Calde had been playing. He let their right winger elude him quite a few times. And I may be wrong, but I think it was him that let their player run unmarked into the box for their goal.
I'm judging on 1 performance so it's a little harsh. But personally, I Bong can't get fit soon enough!

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Thought he did ok today. He was constantly talking to everyone around him and organising the defence. Dunk looked better with him alongside.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Didn't think he was any better than Calde had been playing. He let their right winger elude him quite a few times. And I may be wrong, but I think it was him that let their player run unmarked into the box for their goal.
I'm judging on 1 performance so it's a little harsh. But personally, I Bong can't get fit soon enough!
I thought he couldn't prevent the cross. The player didn't run unmarked into the box did he?

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
He moved out of the way of the cross for there goal.

Need i say more

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
Harsh to judge on one game but clearly not a natural left back. Thought he was at fault for their goal (didn't get tight enough to the man with the ball and then seemed to turn his back as the cross came over thereby making himself a smaller target and less able to block the cross). However, on the plus side he was vocal and certainly Dunk seemed like he was happier, presumably as he wasn't constantly having to think about covering for the left back and so wasn't getting himself in the wrong position and was able to concentrate on what he was meant to be doing.

Would imagine he'll look more comfortable at left back in another few weeks, just as his loan comes to an end!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here