Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC Snow Advice

Jul 7, 2003
On the BBC website story about the snow in the USA they have the some tips for surviving a snowstorm. The first two seem reasonable, not sure about the third though:

snow.PNG

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
3 gallons drinking water per person? im assuming thats for washing as i dont think many people could consume 1 gallon a day.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
On the BBC website story about the snow in the USA they have the some tips for surviving a snowstorm. The first two seem reasonable, not sure about the third though:

View attachment 71752
I'm not entirely sure that drinking 3 gallons of water a day is a good idea.

Also, if you have any source of heat in your house I'm not sure you'll struggle for water in a snowstorm...

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Don't forget that a US Gallon is just slightly more than 6.6 UK pints.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Don't forget that a US Gallon is just slightly more than 6.6 UK pints.

20 pints of water? How can anyone drink that amount in a day?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland

Attachments

• _80565743_snow_dog_2200_tue.jpg
    _80565743_snow_dog_2200_tue.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 472

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
I don't understand these diagrams... they're just a height chart for different dogs.

Surely you already know your dog's height?!

Jul 7, 2003
I just like the idea that, instead of using a measuring tape, you throw your dog into the snow and see how far it sinks.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Can you not see how deep the snow is by just looking outside and seeing how high it is against cars trees bushes lampposts etc.

Without using any dogs I can confirm that the depth of snow outside my house is zero inches.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Not much use if you live in a skyscraper tho. Might give a misleading reading.

If you continue to hear the dog barking long after throwing it out of the window of a skyscraper then it could be safe to assume that the depth of snowfall is 'significant'.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
With 13 days between games Wife and I decided to fly off somewhere. New York & New Orleans was planned down to airport transfer and everything. But changed our mind last Monday and booked a hot country instead. Best decision ever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here