Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield Subs

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Not seen that done for uninjured players coming off before. CH and team were unimpressed - clearly hoping for more time to disappear during the substitutions, but they almost ran straight on!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Care to elaborate for those of us who weren't there?

Both were on the far side of the pitch, and when subbed just stayed off the pitch and walked round the side.

One was injured I think, but the second clearly wasn't, and I'm not sure he's allowed to do what he did?

Strange.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
In the interpretation of the FIFA laws...

The player being substituted is not obliged to leave the field of play on the halfway line

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
In the interpretation of the FIFA laws...

The player being substituted is not obliged to leave the field of play on the halfway line

Thanks for the info. Why don't more teams do it when chasing a game? Not seen it before.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
More important, why don't FIFA insist on this as a way of mitigating blatant time wasting (the added time never compensates).

They might not insist on it because they're not being payed to.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
The point was their players walked off the pitch and the subs ran immediately on. If the referee permits it surely he shouldn't add 30 seconds injury time per sub. Huddersfield effectively gained an extra 1 minute of time.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We commented on same thing - bloke behind said it was allowed. I was Suprised by that, as it surely won't help the linos of an offisde call happened to come about while player was walking round pitch. Never seen it for uninjured players ever to my knowledge. And yes, ref was TERRIBLE today and gave a foul for any contact. Also favoured them I felt...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
FA Rules below - only covers entry to the pitch, not leaving it. I've heard refs say they want subs to go on and off at halfway but doesn't appear to be a requirement.

Substitution procedure

In all matches, the names of the substitutes must be given to the referee prior to the start of the match. Any substitute whose name is not given to the referee at this time may not take part in the match.

To replace a player with a substitute, the following conditions must be observed:

the referee must be informed before any proposed substitution is made
the substitute only enters the field of play after the player being replaced has left and after receiving a signal from the referee
the substitute only enters the field of play at the halfway line and during a stoppage in the match
the substitution is completed when a substitute enters the field of play
from that moment, the substitute becomes a player and the player he has replaced becomes a substituted player
the substituted player takes no further part in the match, except where return substitutions are permitted
all substitutes are subject to the authority and jurisdiction of the referee, whether called upon to play or not

Read more at http://www.thefa.com/football-rules...3---the-number-of-players#LWJj52bR3zGVLGoZ.99

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here