Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Other/Republican

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other/Democrat

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I've wondered about this for a while so thought I would finally ask the question. How does your preferred party in the US match up with your UK affiliations? Are the Republicans too right wing for Tory voters?

Poll to follow

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I think I'd feel horrendously disenfranchised and unrepresented if I lived in America.

...Although I'd obviously vote Democrat.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I think I'd feel horrendously disenfranchised and unrepresented if I lived in America.

...Although I'd obviously vote Democrat.
I think it can vary between a Lib Dem v Tory to Tory v UKIP/BNP/NF depending on the candidate.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
the way things are panning out we could have Trump/Palin and Boris in charge ................well anyway its a good and quick way to end it all

Stumpy Tim

the way things are panning out we could have Trump/Palin and Boris in charge ................well anyway its a good and quick way to end it all

I don't see how Trump can possibly win the presidential election, though he'll likely be the Republican nomination. He's offended the majority of the Hispanic population, and Clinton has the African American vote sown up.

I voted Labour/Democrats, as that's usually true. Right now it's actually Lib Dems/Democrats as the Labour party here are currently a farce

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Just found this

http://www.thewire.com/politics/2013/08/how-conservative-would-uk-conservatives-be-us/67930/

I think US politics scares me almost as much as the other scary ones. The fervour, the flag everywhere, the pledge of allegiance. Seems well over the line of national pride and not far removed from what you see from Islamic states to me. Obviously not with the same consequences at the moment but it seems to be ramping up and the fact Trump is even being considered is not a good sign.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Back in the 80's there was a common bond between Conservatives and Republicans personified in the Thatcher/Reagan love in but now the political waters are far muddier.

The Democrats possibly have more in common with the current Tory party than they do with Corbyn's Labour although New Labour were probably a closer political match.

As for the Republicans they seem overly concerned about appeasing their base support and have failed to adapt to the changing electoral dynamic so they resemble Labour in that respect.

All very confusing :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here