Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] BHAFC Podcast - Do you listen? If so, how?

DanRedman

Mar 18, 2014
I have an Android phone (not going to start a debate here... but it's better!), however podcasts have always been the bane of my life. I want to listen to a few, and subscribe, but haven't a clue how on Android. I know iPhone users can just go to iTunes store and subscribe, but what do Android users do to subscribe?

This is specifically for the BHAFC podcast to make my drive to work more enjoyable. But, I don't see how to subscribe, and the download button won't work, I get the 404 message. So, if you listen to it on Android, how do you do it?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Years ago it used to be on iTunes didn't it?

I don't think so any more, so the simple answer is I don't listen to it and haven't done for a few seasons now (although it may not have been produced for all of that time).

I've also got out the habit of listening to The Albion Roar this season. It stopped downloading to my phone and that was that. This thread has acted as a memory jog though, and I'm just trying to see if recent episodes will download now.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
It'll be available for download shortly - the iTunes version is up now.

Last year we only did one podcast - the general overhaul (and malaise!) at the club meant the podcast fell by the wayside. This year it's very much more regular.

The latest one with Crofts and Ridgewell is great, but obviously I'd say that wouldn't I. :)

DanRedman

Mar 18, 2014
It'll be available for download shortly - the iTunes version is up now.

Last year we only did one podcast - the general overhaul (and malaise!) at the club meant the podcast fell by the wayside. This year it's very much more regular.

The latest one with Crofts and Ridgewell is great, but obviously I'd say that wouldn't I. :)

Excellent, thanks for your replies lads! I may even be tempted to get a iPhone this year, just for podcasts, God forbid...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Excellent, thanks for your replies lads! I may even be tempted to get a iPhone this year, just for podcasts, God forbid...

I'd clearly never talk anyone out of jumping onto the iPhone bandwagon, but I think you should be able to get it on other podcasting apps.

I have 'Overcast' on my iPhone too and I can find the official podcast on there easily enough. It looks as though this is iOS only (https://overcast.fm) but I reckon there must be Android equivalents that will access it for you.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I didn't know there still was one, so thanks for starting the thread.

I use podcast addict but there a dozens of apps so no need to lower yourself to an iPhone.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I still use my old iPod Classic that has been going great for years. Considering I listen in the car every day and it is a mechanical hard disk, it has done very, very well. I can take or leave the other Apple stuff but I do love my classic. Such a shame they dumped them and I will have to get a fake iPhone when mine finally dies.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Good work, just downloaded. On a slight tangent I hope Steve you are still hosting HaHa Hassocks although it is now clashing with Brentford?

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
I've also got out the habit of listening to The Albion Roar this season. It stopped downloading to my phone and that was that. This thread has acted as a memory jog though, and I'm just trying to see if recent episodes will download now.

It seems to be a not uncommon problem with the iOS9 factory-installed podcast app that certain podcasts would randomly fail to download (no such issues on Andriod); not just the Roar.

We had a few people telling us this, and they said they got round it by using a different podcast app - e.g. Podcast Addict.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Good work, just downloaded. On a slight tangent I hope Steve you are still hosting HaHa Hassocks although it is now clashing with Brentford?

Yes I am. Gutted really as Nathan Caton (who is also on) is a massive Bees fan and we were going to go together ... But the gig takes precedence #badfan #bloodySky

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I do and the roar. They just download to my iphone. Easy.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I use Downcast as a podcast client app and the Roar is essential listening ever week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here