Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] RIDGEWELL HAILS ALBION'S TEAM SPIRIT

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Brighton & Hove Albion defender Liam Ridgewell has hailed the team spirit within the camp following a frustrating run of form, going into today’s match against Huddersfield Town at the Amex.Ridgewell arrived at the club earlier this month on a short-term loan from Major League Soccer (MLS) side Portland Timbers, with the Seagulls going through a sticky patch of form.
However, the full-back praised the character shown by the team to bounce back last Saturday against Blackburn Rovers.
He said, “The squad is really together and is knitted so positively. There wasn’t a win in four or five games when I arrived, but I didn’t see any heads down, which can happen.
“It is difficult to keep a positive attitude sometimes because there are a lot of games for clubs in this league, but the squad has remained positive despite the Christmas results and that helps the club massively.
“Christmas is a very difficult time with games coming in thick and fast. If you do lose a game, you can easily lose again and it starts to pile up.
“So it was nice to put our stamp down on a really tough away fixture [at Blackburn], and it was a good win and performance. It was a big positive step for us and we’re certainly looking in the right direction again.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Ridgewell is currently halfway through his loan spell, having played three of the six fixtures scheduled during his time at the club, and is now relishing the prospect of making his first appearance at the Amex.“I’m really looking forward to playing here. I have heard so much about it but I have only seen it briefly.
“Home support is always good and it can generate good performances and also upset the other team.
“We have to give the fans something to cheer about, so I’m really looking forward to playing in front of them and hopefully they can raise the roof at the Amex."
Ridgewell also praised the recent performances of centre-backs Connor Goldson and Lewis Dunk, along with keeper David Stockdale.
“Starting from the back, through my career I have always had good goalkeepers behind me and Stockdale fits the bill perfectly, he’s been fantastic. His distribution is unbelievable, he can pick any player out. It’s good to be able to rely on someone like that.
“Dunk’s performance against Blackburn was brilliant. He’s a ball-playing defender which every modern day club wants. The same goes for Connor Goldson, he’s been in and out of the team recently and he also had a solid game on Saturday.
“They are your young modern-day defenders and they can only get better. If they can put in those type of performances often enough, then I don’t see why they can’t become top defenders.”
[h=3]ALBION V HUDDERSFIELD TOWN
[/h]SATURDAY 23RD JANUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V BRENTFORD
[/h]FRIDAY 5TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V BOLTON WANDERERS
[/h]SATURDAY 13TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here