Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Level 2 Coaching - Anyone?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Has anyone here completed the FA Level 2 Coaching course? (1st4Sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Football)

Just wondering how you got on and which venue you used?

Cheers!

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Done it Last year and Brighton Aldridge College, if you have a reasonable level of football knowledge and confidence you should pass. The only trouble I had was completing the 12 sessions you have to do outside the course, this was mainly down to my course running during the off season though.

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
Starting my Level 1 coaching course next week. Been working alongside a well respected coach on the island for the past six months to learn from him initially before doing the course. Decided it was time to put something back into the game

S

smileyweb

Did mine at BACA, too, but the current one there started back in November.

One in Chichester started last week, but there's another that starts in April:

http://www.sussexfa.com/coaches/courses/level-2-qualification-in-coaching-football

As mentioned above, it might be a better idea to look at the FA Youth Award modules - depending on who / what level you plan to coach.

If you're at the match tomorrow, I'm running the AITC football area in the Fanzone outside the club shop - so come and have a chat if you have any questions.

Cheers.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Thanks very much guys.
I'll look into the FA Youth Modules before going into the Level 2.
I'd be coaching under 18's (mostly 7-14) for at least the first year at least.

Thanks Smileyweb for the offer, not sure I'll be at the game today but will pop by if I am.
Good luck with your Level 1 Manx!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here