Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kenny Sansom

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Just been watching The Jeremy Kyle show. Kenny Sansom was on it. Look at the effects of alcohol. It does not matter who you are, what you do or what you have. Alcohol does not discriminate! Kenny use to be seen in the west stand at the Goldstone, was he at one stage involved with a consortium that was interested in taking over the Albion? Alcohol can take away every thing including your life. If anyone has not seen this yet, WATCH AND LISTEN.

Last edited:

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
So pleased to hear about another piece of selfless informative broadcasting from Jeremy Kyle production team. Ive always wonders what the effects of over drinking are! Thanks for using an ex footballers misery to help me understand.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
His family were local and everyone here knew he had a drink problem. When we played Arsenal in the cup in 1988 the whole North Stand greeted him with "Sansom is a pisshead"

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Just been watching The Jeremy Kyle show. Kenny Sansom was on it. Look at the effects of alcohol. It does not matter who you are, what you do or what you have. Alcohol does not discriminate! Kenny use to be seen in the west stand at the Goldstone, was he at one stage involved with a consortium that was interested in taking over the Albion? Alcohol can take away every thing including your life. If anyone has not seen this yet, WATCH AND LISTEN.

Ernest-Hemingway-quotes-live-life-to-the-fullest-quotes.jpg

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
he was homeless for a while wasn't he?

Yep, seem to remember he was sleeping on a park bench in Bromley for at least one night

Such a shame as I met him on a tour of Highbury and he was such a decent bloke, I must have only been 15 or 16. He took a liking to me because of my Brighton pin badge on my suit. I found it pretty amusing that on an executive tour of Highbury with loads of Arsenal fans and money men he then went 'Good to see the badge and that some kids still support proper teams' and then proceeded to take time out to have a chat. Top bloke - Alcohol is a *******

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
There will be people who mock, think it's clever to get drunk, think that kind of thing could never happen to them, but I want to know what they are thinking when they wake up in the morning or afternoon with a monster hang over, look at their bank/credit card statements and wonder where all the money has gone, wake up in a Police cell, find themselves getting regularly beaten up, getting sacked from jobs, smashing up cars or even killing someone just for the sake of one more drink. Was it really worth it?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
There will be people who mock, think it's clever to get drunk, think that kind of thing could never happen to them, but I want to know what they are thinking when they wake up in the morning or afternoon with a monster hang over, look at their bank/credit card statements and wonder where all the money has gone, wake up in a Police cell, find themselves getting regularly beaten up, getting sacked from jobs, smashing up cars or even killing someone just for the sake of one more drink. Was it really worth it?

It's often an addiction/illness rather than a choice.

Edit: Just Googled, and only got as far as "K" before it suggested "Kenny Sansom". Popular search at the mo'.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer

If we don't make the feckin play offs it will likely happen to me!

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

It's often an addiction/illness rather than a choice.

Edit: Just Googled, and only got as far as "K" before it suggested "Kenny Sansom". Popular search at the mo'.

It will be I guess..the morbid fascination we have the greater the fall from grace .. If I take my Albion glasses off he was in my opinion the best of his kind.. Actually even with my Albion glasses on he was the best of his kind in that early '80s era..

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
CS83568228.jpg

Self inflicted. No sympathy here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here