Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can you actually read words on a screen?

What do you sing?

• You may tell them all that we Stand or fall.....

Votes: 62 66.7%
  • Going up to win the cup......

Votes: 27 29.0%
  • I do not sing at all

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Having been able to attend a few home games over the Christmas period I had to LOL at Sussex by the Sea being played at kick off. Even with the words on the screen fans still sing the wrong words.

So, poll time, what do you sing?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Going up to win the cup.....

I don't really care what the words should be, I've always sung "Going Up..." at Brighton matches and always will.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't sing. But if I did, I'd go with stand or fall. Maybe for cup games I'd go with the other, but it just never really made sense to me to be singing about winning the cup while competing in the league while have almost zero chance of winning a cup.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Stand or Fall.

Does anyone have a video (or link to) of SBTS being sung at one of the games this season with the words on screen...?

It clearly is not yet the "whole stadium singing as one" event (that would be great) but does it sound any good...? Or is it all a bit of a mumble/inaudible above the tannoy music...?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Yep, I can. Doesn't mean I should obey the instruction/suggestion though.

attachment.php

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Stand or Fall.

Does anyone have a video (or link to) of SBTS being sung at one of the games this season with the words on screen...?

It clearly is not yet the "whole stadium singing as one" event (that would be great) but does it sound any good...? Or is it all a bit of a mumble/inaudible above the tannoy music...?

The pitch of the music is too low for the chorus to sound ROUSING... it tends towards the MUMBLE/INAUDIBLE.... which is a real pity.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I don't sing. But if I did, I'd go with stand or fall. Maybe for cup games I'd go with the other, but it just never really made sense to me to be singing about winning the cup while competing in the league while have almost zero chance of winning a cup.

I've never run down the Shoreham Road, I don't fight because of Boxing Day, I don't want our team to get into them and try to make love to the opposition, my father hasn't got a gun nor did I ask my mum when I was little whether I should support Palace and I most certainly don't think we're the greatest team the world has ever seen but I still sing all those songs.

Actually....thinking about it, Brighton have more chance of lifting a cup than you have of risking your life for the county of Sussex so I reckon if realism is your key factor then 'Going Up...' is the one to choose.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
And we're going up AND WE'LL win the cup.

Still sing it like we used to in the 70's.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Going up to win the cup.....

I don't really care what the words should be, I've always sung "Going Up..." at Brighton matches and always will.
I always sang 'going up...', but never really liked it. If feels a bit silly when we're mid relegation battle. Stand or fall means something, it's a lot better IMO.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I've never run down the Shoreham Road, I don't fight because of Boxing Day, I don't want our team to get into them and try to make love to the opposition, my father hasn't got a gun nor did I ask my mum when I was little whether I should support Palace and I most certainly don't think we're the greatest team the world has ever seen but I still sing all those songs.

Actually....thinking about it, Brighton have more chance of lifting a cup than you have of risking your life for the county of Sussex so I reckon if realism is your key factor then 'Going Up...' is the one to choose.

I didn't say 'realism' (nor did I say 'factually accurate'), I said 'sense'. SciFi/Fantasy stories aren't always realistic, but the good ones still make sense. Singing about going up to win the cup, when competing in a league system doesn't make sense to me.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Having been able to attend a few home games over the Christmas period I had to LOL at Sussex by the Sea being played at kick off. Even with the words on the screen fans still sing the wrong words.

So, poll time, what do you sing?

I take it as you think its odd we sing sing slightly different words to GOSBTS
you either haven't been a Brighton fan for long , your very young or you have been a fan for years who has very rarely been at matches.
I just find it strange, that you think its odd that no one sings the correct words.
Im not having a go at you and i apologise, if it sounds like that but I'm honestly not, I'm just surprised that's all.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I didn't say 'realism' (nor did I say 'factually accurate'), I said 'sense'. SciFi/Fantasy stories aren't always realistic, but the good ones still make sense. Singing about going up to win the cup, when competing in a league system doesn't make sense to me.

As Notters has pointed out the correct alternative words are 'going up and we'll win the cup'. That's ambition for you.

Although I sing 'stand or fall'

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
What gets my goat is people singing it at 1000 mph it used to be sung far slower at the Goldstone sounds much better too.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

You being asked to lay your life on the line for Sussex makes more sense to you than a second-tier football club winning either the FA or League Cup? Fair enough!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here