Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ridgewell: There are talks for the loan to be extended.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
"The main thing was to get games and to keep fit, but the bonus is I get to stay a little longer with my kids and family. It works both ways for me which is great. It saves me going back and doing pre-season – I can do it here and I get to play in the Championship at a very high level and to be very fit. It works perfectly.

"The kids aren’t with me in America, they stay here with their mum and the more time I can get with them is an added bonus for me, [the Timbers] understand that. And it is an added bonus for them, as well, that I get to play football and keep fit at the same time and am not just sitting on my a--- and doing nothing. It works for them as well.

"There are talks for the loan to be extended. I've love to stay - the more games I get the better. There is a bit of wriggle room but there is a bit of a tug of war between the clubs and hopefully there will be some kind of arrangement."

More >>> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ith-family-during-loan-spell-at-Brighton.html

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I would've thought this would be more to have him for cover as centre back. We can't rely on just Dunk and Goldson with Greer picking up niggly injuries now and then. Uwe is still a while away from returning too.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That would be great if it could happen as it will ensure Bong is back fit possibly Rosenior also and good cover for CB if they are back and CB cover is needed. He plays games winner all round for everybody.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd consider supporting palace if it meant I could be in Portland over Brighton.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Hopefully this doesn't mean Bong or Rosenior have had an injury setback or worse still the Kenny Sansom deal has fallen through.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Not alternative in terms of loan extension:

Now three games into his loan spell at Brighton, he is hopeful of extending it beyond the originally agreed six-week period. “It saves me going back and doing pre-season – I can do it here and get to play in the Championship,” says Ridgewell, who is enjoying the opportunity to spend time with his two children, Luca and Eva, who live in England with their mother.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Shame he doesn't mention how much he is enjoying playing for Brighton and what a great club it is.

I'm guessing by saying "I'd love to stay", he isn't hating his time here.

There is only so many ways you can shoehorn that type of stuff into a feature. Or maybe he did say it, but it wasn't included in the article?

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I'd consider supporting palace if it meant I could be in Portland over Brighton.

image.jpeg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here