Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
In, if you want out we will go into meltdown but just us

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
So I'm out for the same reasons.

Out is anti-business and anti-growth. It would be a shattering broadside against the British economy. I'm fairly certain we'd shortly enter a recession as businesses scramble for the exits and the safety of Ireland, where they can house tech start-ups, Frankfurt, where Germany will gain European supremacy in financial services, and Slovakia/Slovenia/Lithuania where car manufacturers with access to the world's biggest single market can easily comply with its uniform regulation.

If you're concerned about our security consider Calais. We have British border and immigration posts on French soil. Pulling up the draw bridge doesn't make us safer; it just shifts the burden to our neighbours who will not always have our interests at heart. Think about information sharing. If we are part of the EU we can amplify British interests on counter-terrorism, refugees, and Ukraine. Why put our security in the hands of others? I'd prefer to have a greater, not lesser say on these issues.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Great big massive fence for me. My gut instinct suggests in but I honestly need to do a lot more reading up before the vote. There is also a long way between now and the referendum and events can always change things dramatically. Even now there is the suggestion that the convention ruling that refugees must seek asylum in the first safe country of arrival be rescinded. That will have an impact of sorts if it comes to pass.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
If you're concerned about our security consider Calais. We have British border and immigration posts on French soil. Pulling up the draw bridge doesn't make us safer; it just shifts the burden to our neighbours who will not always have our interests at heart..

This is one of those scare tactics the pro EU people like to use.
The reality is the agreement reached by France and UK on border controls at Calais,Folkstone and Dover are nothing to do with any EU legislation at all,these are "private" agreements between France and UK
EU membership,in or out, plays no part,if we left tomorrow the agreements will still be valid.

D

Deleted member 22389

OUT. Net migration running at 330,000 not including illegals. Stay in, it is only going to get worse. We have seen nothing yet, trust me.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
How come the vote has 8 for out, yet the comments part has 9 outers. And there are only two inners in the comments, yet 20 in the poll. Why so shy?
Interestingly, online polls generally give a marginal OUT. Telephone polls give a more distinct IN. In person polls an even clearer IN.

That is generally, I'm sure there are exceptions. Maybe NSC is an exception, as the pattern is that being online it should be an OUT.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Interestingly, online polls generally give a marginal OUT. Telephone polls give a more distinct IN. In person polls an even clearer IN.

That is generally, I'm sure there are exceptions. Maybe NSC is an exception, as the pattern is that being online it should be an OUT.

Betfair is:

IN 4/9
OUT 2/1

People don't lie when they are putting money down.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Out is anti-business and anti-growth. It would be a shattering broadside against the British economy. I'm fairly certain we'd shortly enter a recession as businesses scramble for the exits and the safety of Ireland, where they can house tech start-ups, Frankfurt, where Germany will gain European supremacy in financial services, and Slovakia/Slovenia/Lithuania where car manufacturers with access to the world's biggest single market can easily comply with its uniform regulation.

If you're concerned about our security consider Calais. We have British border and immigration posts on French soil. Pulling up the draw bridge doesn't make us safer; it just shifts the burden to our neighbours who will not always have our interests at heart. Think about information sharing. If we are part of the EU we can amplify British interests on counter-terrorism, refugees, and Ukraine. Why put our security in the hands of others? I'd prefer to have a greater, not lesser say on these issues.

The EU is unavowedly pro business, and that is why it has been at the epicentre of a crisis that has shatterred the economies of a number of EU states. The EU's capital of car manufacture is now Spain, and it will continue to be so acar manufacturers take advantage of new flexible labour laws, neutered unions and 40% lower wages. How wonderful for the Spanish workers, and their EU counterparts being laid off elsewhere in Europe as car manufacturers rush to take advantage of this new bounty.

As for secutity we are living with the madness of the EU's policy now, which is incapable of stopping millions of people arriving here who have very different views and outlooks to the natives.

Notwithstanding this track record they are actively seeking to extend the EU to the borders of Russia and Syria with the accession of Ukraine and Turkey. Decisions we will not get any say in as they will be made by the unelected EU Commission.

The security problems for EU citizens from this policy will be profound..........Bon chance.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The EU is unavowedly pro business, and that is why it has been at the epicentre of a crisis that has shatterred the economies of a number of EU states. The EU's capital of car manufacture is now Spain, and it will continue to be so acar manufacturers take advantage of new flexible labour laws, neutered unions and 40% lower wages. How wonderful for the Spanish workers, and their EU counterparts being laid off elsewhere in Europe as car manufacturers rush to take advantage of this new bounty.

The UK's car manufacturing sector hit a ten year high last year with sales in Europe up by 11%. Our membership of the EU was vital to this increase.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35368047

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
How come the vote has 8 for out, yet the comments part has 9 outers. And there are only two inners in the comments, yet 20 in the poll. Why so shy?

I agree with Notters, the "out" camp are the vocal ones. Very keen to lay all of our problems at Europe's door and scare monger about how much worse it's going to get, as if a first past the post system with a whip is somehow the ultimate democratic model, our MPs will suddenly become perfect examples of honest and upright citizens existing only for their public and immigration will stop sharp in its tracks immediately. In fact the out camp are very good at telling us what is wrong currently and very bad at telling us how it will work in the future and how this will be of greater benefit to the country at large.

The Ins are like Tories at a general election or people who want to keep the status quo in other referenda. It's why Australia keeps voting for the monarchy and the Scots didn't go independent. The silent majority like things the way they are.

BarnhamBlue

Feb 15, 2012
Yapton
IN

I would simply lose my job if we withdrew from EU, along with 000's more! I work for our European Regional office and there are already plans to move to Paris if we withdraw.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I voted in 1974 to be in a European trading group however it has become more a federal goverment I think we should stay in however I am undecided and waiting to see what deal Cameron gets. I think the vote will be close in the U.K but more pro in Wales Scotland and Northern Ireland.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Our security is provided by private agreements as someone as already posted, belonging to Interpol and to NATO. None of this would stop if we left the EU.

As for your statement about business - pure speculation for the sake of scaremongering. Nobody - neither side - know what will happen and what agreements would be struck. Equally we have no idea what will happen around business if we stay in. Both sides will come out with scare stories with utterly no evidence ( like yours ) and that's what will turn the debate into a farce.

As for me, I've been an outer for 30 years and remain so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here