Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Laptop help needed - Acer Inspire

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Evening all,

Just come home from work and tried to switch my laptop on, and it's coming up with 'no bootable device'. I know there's a few laptop guru's on here so hoping someone may be able to help.

Model is ES1-512, using Windows 10 and all updates are up to date. Was playing Football Manager yesterday and it appeared to be running slower than usual before shutting down last night.

Any (sensible) help will be much appreciated,
Russ

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Have you tried switching it off and then on again?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Turn off the PC,
Remove the Battery
Disconnect the hard drive, reconnect the hard drive.
Refit the battery.
Try again
I've removed the battery and reconnected it again but didn't remove the hard drive but it's still coming up with the same boot error message, will now try again and remove the hard drive

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Sounds like your Hard Drive as packed up or the Hard drive connector is broken. Just seen you posted it will not turn on. Has it been over heating at any time?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Evening all,

Just come home from work and tried to switch my laptop on, and it's coming up with 'no bootable device'. I know there's a few laptop guru's on here so hoping someone may be able to help.

Model is ES1-512, using Windows 10 and all updates are up to date. Was playing Football Manager yesterday and it appeared to be running slower than usual before shutting down last night.

Any (sensible) help will be much appreciated,
Russ

Go into Bios and make sure its set to boot from your C drive.Check connection with your hard drive, disconnect and reconnect it.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Have you left a cd or dvd in the drive and its trying to boot from there?
There was aDVD in the drive but took that out when the trouble first started

Sounds like your Hard Drive as packed up or the Hard drive connector is broken. Just seen you posted it will not turn on. Has it been over heating at any time?
I've taken the hard drive out and then refitted it but still showing no bootable device on the screen after a few seconds of the ACER logo
Go into Bios and make sure its set to boot from your C drive.Check connection with your hard drive, disconnect and reconnect it.
Bios is set to boot from C drive. Appears to be its gone kaput

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
There was aDVD in the drive but took that out when the trouble first started

I've taken the hard drive out and then refitted it but still showing no bootable device on the screen after a few seconds of the ACER logo

Bios is set to boot from C drive. Appears to be its gone kaput

Did it come with a boot disc? or is the recovery a partition on C drive?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
turn-it-off-and-on-again.jpg

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
It sounds like the HD is buggered. Has it shown any signs of playing up, or been the victim of trauma (knocks, drops etc)?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
If you are happy that it is all connected correctly then it might be totally knackered or as said previously bootmgr. You can make bootable usb devices and see if that starts up and if it does you might still be able to browse the hard disk and if so this is fixable with no data loss. Alternately take the drive out and see if it is readable on another Pc as a secondary drive.. Let me know if you want more advise But don't do anything in haste IF you have data on the hard drive you need and don't have it backed up....

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
It sounds like the HD is buggered. Has it shown any signs of playing up, or been the victim of trauma (knocks, drops etc)?
It hasn't been dropped or knocked that I know of, was running a bit slower than usual

If you are happy that it is all connected correctly then it might be totally knackered or as said previously bootmgr. You can make bootable usb devices and see if that starts up and if it does you might still be able to browse the hard disk and if so this is fixable with no data loss. Alternately take the drive out and see if it is readable on another Pc as a secondary drive.. Let me know if you want more advise But don't do anything in haste IF you have data on the hard drive you need and don't have it backed up....
Have taken the hard drive out and back in again with no luck but haven't tried the hard drive in another machine yet, have given it to one of our computer geeks at work to see if they can potentially save it

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Use recovery disks ....

If your hard disk is knackered you may still be able to access it on another PC as a second [non-boot] drive - assuming you haven't got a backup of all your data files ....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here