Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Etiquette for 'entertaining' Trades people....

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Shortly I will be having my bathroom revamped...I'm hoping the job will be completed within the week, although I might have to ban them spending time posting on NSC during daytime.
Normally if I have the need to use a trades person ...say a plumber who is carrying out a small piece of work, I offer a coffee etc....but as its for the week should I ask them to bring there own tea/coffee ..milk or sugar ...or should I go the other direction and lay on lunch and snacks.

PS I'll definitely be encouraging them to drink plenty of tea/coffee as it might make sure they connect up the new toilet on day one!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If you want the job some quickly lay on some Charlie.

Frank Inkerman

Veteran of the Crimea
No need to over do it imo. Put out a kettle, tea bags / coffee plus sugar & milk and a few biscuits. Offer to make the first one and tell them (politely) that you won't be running around making them tea every five minutes so if they would like one they are at liberty to help themselves. No need for lunch / snacks - any self respecting tradesman will bring his own 'bait'.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Sure fire way to piss them off in the first five minutes if you tell them to bring their own milk ect... If they are half decent they will bring their own anyway, as said previously no need for food.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If they are Polish they will eat biscuits by the dozen. Expect to get through a kilo of sugar a week too as they prefer their tea very sweet.

I do have a large quantity of films featuring housewives entertaining tradesmen, including, sort of on the biscuit theme, a few scenes featuring custard cremes.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If they have worked previously I expect they will have cracked the problem of sustainance already. If I am in, and fancy a cuppa, I usually offer. If I'm out, I don't.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Shortly I will be having my bathroom revamped...I'm hoping the job will be completed within the week, although I might have to ban them spending time posting on NSC during daytime.
Normally if I have the need to use a trades person ...say a plumber who is carrying out a small piece of work, I offer a coffee etc....but as its for the week should I ask them to bring there own tea/coffee ..milk or sugar ...or should I go the other direction and lay on lunch and snacks.

PS I'll definitely be encouraging them to drink plenty of tea/coffee as it might make sure they connect up the new toilet on day one!

New Toilet goes in on last day so cross your legs :ohmy:

Lunch is for wimps:)

We were hoping you were going on gardening leave for the week :hilton:

And since when did you become a white collar worker :moo:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

Please tell me youre joking ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Lunch? You expect them to be there in the morning AND afternoon? They'll piss off to another 'urgent' job leaving you bathroomless (well, they will if you suggest they bring their own milk etc)

goldstone68

Aug 31, 2014
darkside
As said before, make the first cuppa then say help yourselves to drinks but supply the gear for them, any trades will have something to eat, but if they keep disappearing just before 10 its probably cafe time.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here