Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam Mathews - Sunderland left back

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If he isn't good enough to even get in the current Sunderland side, I'm not sure I'd want him anywhere near us :lolol:

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Is he the lad that was at Cardiff before Celtic?

If so he was massively highly rated by my Cardiff mate, and for that reason I would be happy

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
If he isn't good enough to even get in the current Sunderland side, I'm not sure I'd want him anywhere near us :lolol:

Most of our players wouldn't get in the current Sunderland side either.

Buckley and Bridcutt didn't exactly pull up any trees there, but were pretty good players here.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
We have Bong back in 3 or 4 weeks and Rosenior soon after.

Agreed, but you have to look to next season too, will Bruno and Calde still be here and good enough? If the answer to either is no, then Rosenior is 1st choice right back.

I'd say get this lad in, very good competition for Bong, whatever division we are in next season, and would be 1st choice at left back right now.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
lets hope some of these left backs can play up top as well

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Agreed, but you have to look to next season too, will Bruno and Calde still be here and good enough? If the answer to either is no, then Rosenior is 1st choice right back.

I'd say get this lad in, very good competition for Bong, whatever division we are in next season, and would be 1st choice at left back right now.

I think Bruno has a couple of more seasons in him. I don't really know much about him but if Hughton feels the need for another LB and he rates him, and his wages are sensible, I wouldn't object.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here