Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool "open" to Teixeira move

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
But, Klopp did talk about Joao Teixiera in his press conference today, and did hint at him leaving.

I like Joao. As a person, as a footballer – But of course, players like him need matches, and if you can’t get it then you have to leave,” Klopp told his post-match press conference.

“This shouldn’t be my decision. You shouldn’t be a substitute for 3-4 years at this age. I would like to work longer with him, and in four months I’ve seen his jumps in development. He showed tonight he deserved a goal, he worked hard. It was man football he played. Defensively strong, good moments in the offence…

“We are always in talks, but we have to see what he wants, what we want – And in the end it has to fit. It’s not possible that all players stay here, so sometimes you have to leave. I’m not sure this is the situation for Joao. But you are right – he’s a long time now in this position [not in the side]. He did really well in the Championship but came back and wasn’t in the best position. Since I came back he’s a little bit closer, but we’ll have to see.”

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
But, Klopp did talk about Joao Teixiera in his press conference today, and did hint at him leaving.

I like Joao. As a person, as a footballer – But of course, players like him need matches, and if you can’t get it then you have to leave,” Klopp told his post-match press conference.

“This shouldn’t be my decision. You shouldn’t be a substitute for 3-4 years at this age. I would like to work longer with him, and in four months I’ve seen his jumps in development. He showed tonight he deserved a goal, he worked hard. It was man football he played. Defensively strong, good moments in the offence…

“We are always in talks, but we have to see what he wants, what we want – And in the end it has to fit. It’s not possible that all players stay here, so sometimes you have to leave. I’m not sure this is the situation for Joao. But you are right – he’s a long time now in this position [not in the side]. He did really well in the Championship but came back and wasn’t in the best position. Since I came back he’s a little bit closer, but we’ll have to see.”

His contract is up in June right? So if they don't sell now, he either signs a 3yr + contract or leaves on a free. I can seeing him leaving before the 1st Feb. £2m should be enough for this creative attacking midfielder who can also play as a false winger or number 10 - great options for CH.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
£2m??! Shit me, with 6 months left you would hope £500k was enough to get him.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
£2m??! Shit me, with 6 months left you would hope £500k was enough to get him.

He'd be worth spending £2m on, especially if it means that his wages aren't so high as he's not out of contract, which he will be in the summer. But it's only a yes from me, on the proviso that it eats into a budget that Bloom's got earmarked for a goalscoring, line-leading striker.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Apparently they're after another Teixeira from Shaktar, name of Alex Teixeira, perhaps they ordered a few too many NB shirts with Texs name on the back.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35371700

Liverpool have made an approach to sign Shakhtar Donetsk's Brazilian attacker Alex Teixeira as Jurgen Klopp attempts to secure his first major signing since becoming manager at Anfield.
The Reds are willing to pay about £24.5m for the 26-year-old.
However, the Ukrainian club value Teixeira, who has also been linked with Chelsea, at closer to £39m.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
£2m for 6 months, when we got £500k for Ashley Barnes a PROVEN Championship goal scorer and solid 7/10 or 8/10 week in week out performer.

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
I thought he was okay last year and did stand out but we were very poor did a job for us at the time.i hope we don t sign him.

Dec 29, 2011
I think Tex is worth £2m based on potential alone. Still young and was rated as a top prospect in Europe. May not have lived up to that but will still play football above Championship level if he doesn't have a bad injury record. Scored about 8 goals from midfield for us didn't he?

Edit:6 goals last season

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think Tex is worth £2m based on potential alone. Still young and was rated as a top prospect in Europe. May not have lived up to that but will still play football above Championship level if he doesn't have a bad injury record. Scored about 8 goals from midfield for us didn't he?

Edit:6 goals last season

He could end up being worth £0 to Liverpool if he gets shunted from their 25 man squad and they don't shift him in this window.

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
It doesn't look like he will be going anywhere this window, according to his interview in their local paper, unless the club has other ideas.

Joao Carlos Teixeira is hoping contract talks with Liverpool FC reach a successful conclusion as he looks to build on his classy performance against Exeter City.

The Portuguese attacking midfielder, who celebrated his first senior goal for the Reds in the 3-0 FA Cup third round replay win at Anfield, is out of contract this summer.

Negotiations over a new deal are ongoing as the 23-year-old battles to prove to manager Jurgen Klopp that he has the qualities required to play a big role in the club’s future.

“We are in conversations at the moment,” Teixeira told the ECHO.

“My contract runs out at the end of this season. I want to stay but we will see what happens.

“I don’t want to think about my future too much right now. I just want to play football. I want to enjoy this moment and try to build on it.

“I just have to keep working hard and keep doing my best in training. Whenever chances come along like this to impress Jurgen Klopp, it’s up to me to show him that I deserve more chances.”

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
He'd need 2 million of signing bonus and 'higher wages' to come here so maybe the OP means sign himfor 500k, plus 500k signing bonus and 1m on top of a standard first team 12-15k per week totalling 20k plus bonuses per week for 3 years.

Otherwise he's clearly mental and why would the lad come here not lower Prem, top Portugese side, etc.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Where would we play him? He's not a 4-4-2 player

Rubbish. He could play at the top of a diamond midfield or as a number 10 behind a target man. He can also play on the wing, check out his pin point cross onto Benteke's head in Liverpool's highlights vs Exeter. in the cup.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/joao-carlos-teixeira/profil/spieler/132214

Think about Arsenal's invincibles. They were a 4-4-2 with Pires and Ljungberg on either flank although they were very much false wingers ending up in the centre scoring goals and creating assists whilst Cole & Lauren provided the width. Infact i'm sure Pires started off as an attacking midfielder. Tex could be our Pires! Above all, it would give CH attacking and goalscoring options.

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
He'd need 2 million of signing bonus and 'higher wages' to come here so maybe the OP means sign himfor 500k, plus 500k signing bonus and 1m on top of a standard first team 12-15k per week totalling 20k plus bonuses per week for 3 years.

Otherwise he's clearly mental and why would the lad come here not lower Prem, top Portugese side, etc.

The lad has spent 4 years effectively kicking his heels in Liverpools reserves, and just wants to be playing. If they can't offer him more of a first team role then he should go to a club who can. Where better the here? he knows club, liked the city and got on well with the players. He would definately start a lot more games with us than at a Lower Premier club, which would appeal.

We should test Liverpools desire to keep hold of him by lodging a cheeky £250k bid, it may get knocked back, but it would demonstrate a desire to get him back and we may still get him for free in the summer.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Rubbish. He could play at the top of a diamond midfield or as a number 10 behind a target man. He can also play on the wing, check out his pin point cross onto Benteke's head in Liverpool's highlights vs Exeter. in the cup.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/joao-carlos-teixeira/profil/spieler/132214

Think about Arsenal's invincibles. They were a 4-4-2 with Pires and Ljungberg on either flank although they were very much false wingers ending up in the centre scoring goals and creating assists whilst Cole & Lauren provided the width. Infact i'm sure Pires started off as an attacking midfielder. Tex could be our Pires! Above all, it would give CH attacking and goalscoring options.

Agree. There is something "Beardsleyesque" about him.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The lad has spent 4 years effectively kicking his heels in Liverpools reserves, and just wants to be playing. If they can't offer him more of a first team role then he should go to a club who can. Where better the here? he knows club, liked the city and got on well with the players. He would definately start a lot more games with us than at a Lower Premier club, which would appeal.

We should test Liverpools desire to keep hold of him by lodging a cheeky £250k bid, it may get knocked back, but it would demonstrate a desire to get him back and we may still get him for free in the summer.
Agreed. Stick a bid in and stir it up. I thought he was better than Lingard overall.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here