Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bus replacement on Saturday between Brighton & Three Bridges

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Would Three Bridges to Brighton via Lewes work on the train? - Sorry cant remember exactly where the line branches off.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Seems to be almost the norm now doesn't it?

They close the line, do a sh1tload of work on it, then it f**ks up again royally as soon as they reopen it. You're right - it's all become totally routine.

Oct 25, 2003
one thing i've always wondered- do other countries do bus replacement services for engineering works? I've caught public transport in various other nations but have never encountered it

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
one thing i've always wondered- do other countries do bus replacement services for engineering works? I've caught public transport in various other nations but have never encountered it

We went from Seattle to Vancouver by train earlier in the year and were fortunate we went the week we did as it was a replacement bus service for either the week before week after, can't remember which

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
They close the line, do a sh1tload of work on it, then it f**ks up again royally as soon as they reopen it. You're right - it's all become totally routine.

I think that they should operate the section between Three Bridges and Brighton by bus, then occasionally run a train replacement service on weekends.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Get the non stop bus from Three Bridges, and its not that much longer than the train, time wise.

I do feel sorry for people travelling from the stations south though, as the stopping bus takes for ever.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
It would happen in Germany in this instance, as is the case wherever there is a rail network and work needs doing

In my experience, they often divert onto another line while they do work on the main one - lines that they still have because they were never stupid enough to do a Beeching.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I think that they should operate the section between Three Bridges and Brighton by bus, then occasionally run a train replacement service on weekends.

:lolol:

"Southern are sorry to announce the rail replacement bus service between Three Bridges and Brighton has been replaced by a rail replacement bus service replacement rail service"

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
We went from Seattle to Vancouver by train earlier in the year and were fortunate we went the week we did as it was a replacement bus service for either the week before week after, can't remember which

I did that journey in reverse a few years ago, and it was on a replacement bus service. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, just a bit annoying having to get off the bus to go through immigration control.

There's quite often weekend replacement bus services on the subway lines in Toronto too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here