Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Twelve days of the window left.

larus

So, apart from the South American duo we were 'linked' with, there don't appear to be any indications who we're targeting (apart from paper talk and wild speculation).

So, we're either struggling to attract decent targets or the club are really good at keeping things quiet.

Stating the bleeding obvious, the next 12 days are crucial. I'm a half-full person, so I think we'll strengthen, although I hope we don't leave it until the last day....

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Most of our recent transfers have been 'out of the blue' with little speculation, I think the majority of people who think they're ITK actually aren't. We can't done in the window yet, keep the faith and enjoy the merry-go-round.

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
I'm not worried at all TBH. The only realistic chance of acquiring a top class CF would be if their season had finished/ had not begun (S. American Market) or they were a total unknown (now highly unlikely due to the statistical data availble to most clubs nowadays). There was little chance of a domestic transfer early doors unless you drastically overpay a la Bournemouth/Grabban (something we've been bitten by before with CMS). Selling teams tend to prefer to wait until the final moments of the window before allowing their players to leave. That's just common sense - they give themselves the maximum amount of time to replace said player and in some circumstances, the additional time permits them to garner further interest and drum the price up. This means that most of the business will be done in the last week or so.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
is there much business being done by anyone at all this window?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here