Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today's Argus headline.........

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
Exclusive: Never before seen pictures of David Bowie taken by Brighton photographer David Bowie

You couldn't make it up.........

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
The grammar and spelling on that site are dreadful. Pay peanuts, get monkeys. There is a story about fuel poverty on there and the reporter has referred to a 'metre card' instead of meter. They make these sort of mistakes every single day.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
"I hadn't seen him or spoken to him for more than 25 years..."

Jeez.... dredging the bottom of the journalistic barrel if the best they can get is some bloke who took some pictures back in the 70s but actually knows f*ck all about David!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How about this beauty in the Tim Peake article?

He showed the draws in which the space food and drink is kept with the the former on the starboard side and the latter on the port side.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
If anyone still buys the Argus has anyone gone through the whole paper marking the errors rather than just one article. I wonder what the record nimber is?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Another off topic post.
Story on BBC Wednesday about the Brighton Belle train. An unknown singer by the name of Bob Marley was on the last train ever run from London.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
This country!

I had a parents evening thing at my daughters (7) school last night. The little sticker (prepared by the teacher) on her Literacy Book said 'Litercay Book'.

I pointed out the irony but it didn't go too well.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I used to get suits made in the 80's by the famous Buddy just down Trafalgar St...... so did Bowie.....does that make me newsworthy?.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I was sitting in the doctor's waiting room once, and the illuminated sign flashed up "David Bowie to Room 4". But it was an old bloke - maybe the photographer?

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
As one of mrs revs relatives was his music teacher i must be lined up for a full centre spread in the Argus!:rolleyes:

My Mum taught at Ravenswood where he went, one of the teachers that was still there (think may even still be there now) had taught him, I met that teacher... Can I have at least a mention in the full centre page?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here