Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Old clock and bureau valuations

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2013
Downunder
I have an old clock and bureau that I need to dispose of and would appreciate any help that the good people of NSC can offer. I am loath to use the word antique but I do believe the clock to be more than 100 years old and the bureau is probably around 80 years or so.

Is there anyone who works in the trade, or knows someone who does, who might be able to point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance for any sensible replies!!

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Cannot say without seeing them but bureaus have dropped significantly in value unless it is a nice Burr Walnut or a special one. The clock could be anything,have a look for names on movement,then look on internet for similar. You could put them into an auction which could possibly get you a better price, but remember they take approx. 20%. Or you could ask a local dealer. If you use a auction,i would use Inmans in Hove or Tooveys in Washington on the A24. Both pretty trustworthy! If you prefer a dealer,i can recommend someone !

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Take them to an auctioneers and get a valuation for auction, remember you'll get less than retail value, but you won't have to do any selling. They'll also give you a valuation for insurance purposes which will be more aligned with retail prices. Some auction houses do valuation days, but most will look at your items if you take them in.

Edit, if you post some photos on here now I'll get the antiques valuer and auctioneer sitting next to me on the sofa to give them a once over.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Talk to the clock restoration man at the end of the high street in Henfield. I think his name is Clark, but he is easy enough to google. He is an old school clock expert.
PS....the bureaux is probably not worth anything in todays market

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Thank you for your answers. The clock seems to have Chappe Paris on the reverse.
image.jpeg image.jpeg

And Rev, thanks but no thanks:kiss:

Edit: Sh1t, these pictures came out big!!!!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here