Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Worlds biggest beer drinkers

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The Czechs have been at the top there as long as I can remember with Bavaria upping Germany's position but no sign of Britain again. Real ale, cooking lager and now craft ale but still we disgrace ourselves coming in at no 22 in the rankings. Shameful.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    66.4 KB · Views: 468

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The Czechs have been at the top there as long as I can remember with Bavaria upping Germany's position but no sign of Britain again. Real ale, cooking lager and now craft ale but still we disgrace ourselves coming in at no 22 in the rankings. Shameful.

That sort of correlates with all the cancer rates as well. Although, Poland manages to drink a lot but appears towards the bottom of the top 50 on cancer rates (although they are still in the top 50)

http://www.wcrf.org/int/cancer-facts-figures/data-cancer-frequency-country

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Thats cause the British drink EVERYTHING they can get their hands on. Beer is just the starter.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Maybe this is net consumption? If you take away the spewing up Britain will fair better?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Thats cause the British drink EVERYTHING they can get their hands on. Beer is just the starter.

Well the Czechs have pretty much taken over the manufacturing, and drinking come to that, of Absynthe since the French got all funny about a bit of hallucinating and they also drink Becherofka ........... Which is the worst tasting spirit on the planet. So they win all hands down in my opinion.
We need a drinking tsar or someone the equivalent of Jamie Oliver to someone to get us back into the worlds elite. Start at the ground roots and get kids back on park benches drinking Strongbow and the like.

el punal

So it's not only in the Eurovision Song Contest that we fail miserably. :tantrum:

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing

As long as I can remember you've been on a one man mission to rectify this.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
As long as I can remember you've been on a one man mission to rectify this.

I feel passionately about our failures on the world stage here Catty.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Does that graph represent per day/week/month/year :drink:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Well the Czechs have pretty much taken over the manufacturing, and drinking come to that, of Absynthe since the French got all funny about a bit of hallucinating and they also drink Becherofka ........... Which is the worst tasting spirit on the planet. So they win all hands down in my opinion.
We need a drinking tsar or someone the equivalent of Jamie Oliver to someone to get us back into the worlds elite. Start at the ground roots and get kids back on park benches drinking Strongbow and the like.

I'll raise you Retsina .

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

Is White Lightning still available? ???

89p for a 3 ltr bottle back in my day.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Presumably this is based on sales within the country? Take away British stag parties and the Czech Republic, Germany and Ireland would be way further down. We're perfectly decent alcoholics, we just like travel as well

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here